WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Heading to the Manufacture : any question, folks ?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  HOROLOGIST007 
#1 ·
Hello Montblanc friends :)

I'll be tomorrow (April 24) in Villeret and Le Locle, to spend the full day with Montblanc. Full story to come here.

Any question you'd like to ask directly ? This is a great opportunity to have direct answers to any kind of question : product, strategy, after-sales, sales, new boutiques, upcoming pieces, etc.

Please feel free to ask, I'll be your devoted !

Have a wonderful day,

Olivier

Building Architecture Property Facade Commercial building

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes,

Did they hear about the $300,00 watch heist at the Montblanc showroom in Thailand? What is their opinion on this and what kind of Montblanc watch costs that much money? Can we have a picture of what that watch looks like so if we see it on ebay we can inform the authorities?

#4 ·
Bonjour Olivier,

Could you ask MB for a list of model codes, especially for de-listed models? I'm intrigued why my 2007 Sport XL had a model reference of 7035 on the back of the case but the box says:
MONTBLANC SPORT, Steel Collection, Large automatic, blue dial, bracelet, Mod. M29302, PLnnnnnn (individual serial number) 7148

Not just my Sport, it seems to be on other Sports I've seen on eBay and Chrono24 etc. I'm guessing 7148 is bracelet reference number?

A list of model codes would be useful :)

Merci !

#5 ·
Morning Mark,

I'm back from Le Locle now. Here is your answer : 7035 is the number called the "Ident" of the CASE, not of the watch. The other number is an internal number that qualifies the watch with its specific finishing but, above all, movement (Sellita or ETA, and which version).

In case of trouble with your timepiece, it allows Montblanc to track it all the way down the flow of fabrication (when it has been made, where, by who, etc.).

Fortunately, given the number of quality controls all along the workflow, let me say that the chance to be in trouble with a finished timepiece is almost equal to zero... Full report to come !

Hope this helps,

Olivier

#6 ·
Morning Mark,
Here is your answer : 7035 is the number called the "Ident" of the CASE, not of the watch. The other number is an internal number that qualifies the watch with its specific finishing but, above all, movement (Sellita or ETA, and which version).

Olivier
Hi Olivier,

That's VERY helpful, Thank You :) So my watch is a 7148 model reference number as the original papers from 2007 state. Is it unusual for a watch manufacturer to do this, i.e. stamp the ident of the case and also not reflect the case with the model number? I don't believe I have come across this before.

Once again merci beacoup for your help! I've updated my signature below :)

#7 ·
#9 ·
Thanks
I visit Mont Blanc on my trips to Geneva, I have many of their products
Regards
adam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.