Heritage Chronometrie Twincounter Date Asymmetry??
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Heritage Chronometrie Twincounter Date Asymmetry??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heritage Chronometrie Twincounter Date Asymmetry??

Hi all! I've started looking at the Heritage Chronometrie Twincounter Date as a possible alternative to the Ultra Slim. It's a bit more substantial than the latter and that may be what I'm looking for more than a very slim (though incredibly beautiful) watch for everyday use.

But I noticed something: the two subdials are not placed symmetrically on the watch face. The running seconds is placed quite close to the center while the date counter is a bit further away. Here are some images from Hodinkee.

I can only assume that the movement made this asymmetry necessary--but I have to admit that, now that I've noticed this, it bugs me a bit.

What do you all think?

Thanks!

Re: Heritage Chronometrie Twincounter Date Asymmetry??

I assume that this is the Watch that you are referring to. It is a nice Watch, but it just seems a little off-symmetry, but it is still a gorgeous Watch. My vote is still for the Ultra Slim.

Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

I see exactly what you are seeing and it would bug the hell out of me. I also don't like the combination of gold and blued hands. If you're looking for a more substantial watch than the ultra slim, I would consider looking at the heritage automatic reference 112533. It has the same look as the ultra slim but with the addition of a running seconds hand and a date window at six o'clock. The watch houses an automatic movement and brings the thickness to 7.65mm. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Victorinox Airboss Automatic
    Oris Aquis Date (Gradient Blue Dial)
    Vintage Oris Chronoris
    Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie Ultra Slim

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  montblanc-heritage-chronometer-crown-oblique.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  389.9 KB

https://www.deployant.com/review-mon...-date-by-hand/

Doesn't bother me too much. I prefer the ultra slim but would be delighted if both found their way into my collection.
    oztech and cnj8w like this.

In many ways I think the Ultra Slim is fairly unique amongst todays watches for its reasonable price, great movement and slim/elegant appearance. Even the red gold model is priced well below many other PM dress watches. The Twincounter on the other hand probably has some competition at its price point for a three hand/date watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dantan View Post
    I assume that this is the Watch that you are referring to. It is a nice Watch, but it just seems a little off-symmetry, but it is still a gorgeous Watch. My vote is still for the Ultra Slim.

That's the one. I do still like it a lot--especially in the very few live pictures of it on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hauser View Post
    I see exactly what you are seeing and it would bug the hell out of me. I also don't like the combination of gold and blued hands. If you're looking for a more substantial watch than the ultra slim, I would consider looking at the heritage automatic reference 112533. It has the same look as the ultra slim but with the addition of a running seconds hand and a date window at six o'clock. The watch houses an automatic movement and brings the thickness to 7.65mm. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you, Keith: I have considered the 3-hand automatics--and they are really nice. But they (only in my opinion) seem a little less interesting than the Ultra Slim and the Twincounter. I feel like there are many watches in the same price range that do something similar to the automatics. By contrast, the lovely two-hand Ultra Thin (with manual movement) seems unusual and interesting, in addition to being beautiful. Does all that make sense?

Yesterday I left a comment on Hodinkee's introduction of the Twincounter. I just asked if they had noticed the asymmetry of the dials and what they thought was going on. Jack Forster (a good, thoughtful writer, I think) answered that he liked the asymmetry--that it differentiated the Twincounter from a "chronograph wannabe." I thought this was interesting--and I guess I was glad to know that a watch journalist I respect not only did not mind the asymmetry, but may even like it.

As I wrote in my other post, I do still really love this watch. It strikes me as a touch more versatile (in my life) than the Ultra Thin--but this is all based on pictures. I need to sit with my thoughts on these watches for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by gtuck View Post
    In many ways I think the Ultra Slim is fairly unique amongst todays watches for its reasonable price, great movement and slim/elegant appearance. Even the red gold model is priced well below many other PM dress watches. The Twincounter on the other hand probably has some competition at its price point for a three hand/date watch.
    Thanks, gtuck: I definitely think the Ultra Thin is quite unique--that's part of its appeal for me. I'd be interested in learning more about the competition for the twincounter. Yes, the date function will be common. But with that way of presenting the date?

Do you have a MB boutique near you, or an AD that stocks the brand? No substitute for seeing it in the flesh, especially given the discrepancies between various blogs' on-wrist photographs (beautiful), and what looks like a rendering on the MB website (underwhelming).

Their dress watches look stunning at the boutique the website renderings don't begin to show off the watches as the picture above proves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information