Looking at these two watches
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Looking at these two watches

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Looking at these two watches

I'm in the market for a manual wind watch. There are two fairly different watches I'm looking at - the Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie in gold, or Omega Speedmaster. I plan for this to be a daily wear watch.

I've always wanted a solid gold watch and the Montblanc is the first I've considered at it's price which I can find in the gray market. I've worn a small gold tone dress watch that looks very similar as a daily wear in the past, though I'm usually the only one with such a formal watch in my usual polo and jeans/shorts. I'm not very style concious but giving it a little thought now as I consider these watches. What are your thoughts on a watch this dressy in casual clothes daily?

I've never had an in-house movement which draws me to the Omega. I've never worn a tachymeter/chronometer as a daily wear watch so that's a slight hesitation for me here, although I do like how it looks. Anyone with positive or negative experience after getting first watch with tachymeter?

Any other manual wind watch in the $1-3.5k range to consider? I have given Panerai some thought, but it's a stretch on my price range - may consider a preowned but haven't given them as much thought as the two above.

Re: Looking at these two watches

These two Watches are as different as can be! I own a Stainless Steel MontBlanc Heritage Chronometrie Ultra Slim. It is a Dressy Watch, so it looks best when I am wearing a Suit. The Omega Speedmaster Professional is versatile, but it is more Sporty than Dressy. If it is a Watch that you are considering wearing daily, the Omega is definitely the way to go, unless you dress up formally on a daily basis.
    Attached Images Attached Images

LiquidPZA likes this.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

In my opinion, the Omega will fit you needs properly. Usable both formal and informal outfit.

:)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hmm I have both Omega Speedy and Mont Blanc GMT Sport. I wear both of them as dress watches. I have never seen anyone frown at me for wearing these watches with formal dress. I am today wearing Speedy to my office. I would go for the speedy as it has history, reliability, class in its resume. The Mont Blanc may not have history but it has reliability and class.

Before you decide, I'd try them both on along with others and see which one you like best.

I have both a black Timewalker and the Speedy Pro. Both are worn casually, but the Timewalker gets the nod for more formal occasions.
    Grand Seiko SBGE201
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Mondaine Evo Big
    Jacques Lemans F1 F1050F

Sold:
    IWC Aquatimer IW354805
    Montblanc Timewalker 105962

Wow. This is such a tough choice. It all depends on what else you own or plan to own. For what it's worth, I really do love the looks of that Montblanc, particularly in gold.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

I have the gold Montblanc and it's very comfortable, very accurate and simply elegant. I don't wear it every day but only on dressy occasions. The only drawback I found is that the crown is quite small--although proportional to the watch body--and I'm not sure I'd want to wind it every day.

My favorite wear any time--casual or dressy--is the Rolex Explorer.
    Crate410, aaroniusl and oztech like this.

Of these teo I think the speedy will do well. It is a comfortable watch to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch List:

Mont Blanc Star XXL Automatic (Ref. 101644)
    Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RS (Ref. CAV511A.BA0902)
    Omega Speedmaster Pro Sapphire Sandwich (Ref. 3573.50)
    Rolex Submariner (Ref. 114060)
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 (Ref. CV01AJ.BA0727)
    Oris Aquis Date 43.5mm
    Mont Blanc Star 4810 Automatic (Ref. 102340)
    Rolex Datejust II (Ref. 116300)

very different watches, each with its own merits. they really don't overlap at all. If my choice was between these two and these two only, the speedy would be my choice. however, as a non-chrono watch daily wearer I would consider the following offerings from Montblanc - the Star Date Automatic series (under $3k), The Heritage Series, the Spirit series, and my personal favorite, the 1858 Manual Small Seconds (but they are on the large side)

As I don't have any of the watches in question, I can't give you specific advice.
    However, my experience is that a daily wear watch should be comfortable and I have found dress watches to be more comfortable (smaller, thinner, lighter).
    I might have strange understanding about style, but dress watches look great both formal and casual. Sport watches... not so.
    But most important is that you see and try them. Buy the watch that you will be eager to put on each morning.
    aaroniusl and oztech like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information