Luminous Rieussec !

Thread: Luminous Rieussec !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luminous Rieussec !

Hi folks,

I just wanted here to cast a light on the specific SuperLumiNova system developed by MB for the Homage to Nicolas Rieussec.

It's made of SuperLumiNova (SLN) and I think pictures speak for themselves on how it works :

Name:  Montblanc_Homage_to_Nicolas_Rieussec_111592_mood_night v2.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  277.1 KB

The SLN pigments are directely set inside the hybrid ceramic layer, which had never been done before - and they are of the same color of it. So, during the day, the numbers can't be seen at all.

On the 'pros' side : exclusive process, elegant, smart.

On the 'cons' side : maybe it would have been smart too to ad a small layer of SLN on the edge of the GMT hand as well. For now, when the light comes down, it completely disappears...
    Journaliste, contributeur associé
    http://twitter.com/O_Muller

Re: Luminous Rieussec !

I agree with the GMT needing lume too. I love the look of these watches but can't pull off the look on my wrist. Too big for me and the lug hang over the edge of my wrist. Although I can see it is 10:10, I think I prefer the original dial numerals because daytime visibility is most important to me. But I'm hoping for a slightly smaller version down the road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a very good point you made here ! So maybe some numerals that come up at night...while the daytime ones disappear along with the sun ? Wow, that would be hell of a development ! :-D

Anyway, I don't think a new small-sized Rieussec is underway. Still, a new MB-R caliber, housed in the Rieussec, is currently into R&D team's hand. Launch date : 2015.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah I don't expect a smaller case but still hope for one. I think this line will help them move up in the world of watchmaking and haute horology. They are iconic and unmistakably Montblanc. I don't know how well they are selling though

Well, for first hand pieces, bought in shop, MB is doing pretty fine. I say 'pretty' because the brand had a small decrease of its revenues for the past 3 quarters (-3%), but the SIHH has been acclaimed and the new CEO, coming from Jaeger-LeCoultre, is known for his sales skills. So absolutely no doubt that MB will make, again, a tremendous year 2015.

If you're talking about the second-hand market, that's different. It really depends on the country you're living in. Here in Europe, and in China, the watch market is very mature, and Montblanc is as respected for its watches than for it fountain pens, for instance.

It's pretty different in the US, where MB is above all a brand for pens & leather stuff. The watch market is not the same, especially for traditional swiss design such as the Rieussec.

Anyway, websites such as Chrono24 or Chronollection made the boundaries fall ! On the web, there's no market - just buyers

Happy to help !

All the best,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,
    I can say with some amount of certainty that Montblanc, and in particular Nicholas Rieussec - like most Vacheron Constantin - is extremely difficult to find in the second-hand market in China (principally Shanghai) and Singapore. I have been eyeing one since day one and would have acquired one, if only it was available!

It will always be one of my Grail watches!

Mmmm, what about an international shpping, through the usual Chrono24 and others ?

i want to know,what about an international shpping, through the usual Chrono24 and others ?

I was lucky enough to pick up one of these watches a few weeks ago at the MontBlanc boutique in the international terminal at ATL airport.

It has been about 10 years since I last had a MontBlanc watch and this has now become one of my favorite timepieces in my collection. Don't think I will be trading this one in anytime soon. (BTW, I got killed on trade-in of my previous MontBlanc watches which made me hesitant.)

But I got a great deal on the watch, and the overall fit and finish, rotating dials (instead of rotating hands), in-house movement and just overall quality made me realize that MontBlanc is transforming their brand.

To the comments above, I agree with almost all of them. In difficult light, the GMT hand looks too much like the hour hand and it is difficult to see the difference. The SLN is awesome, but it could be more pronounced (but from a technical standpoint it's really something). And I like big watches, so this one is fine for me.

Here are some pics:

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  533.0 KB
    Name:  FullSizeRender-2.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  600.5 KB
    Name:  FullSizeRender-3.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  602.0 KB

Looks great! I'm confused though, how did you get a deal on the watch if you got it from a boutique?
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Montblanc Star Chronograph
    Montblanc TimeWalker Dual Carbon Chronograph

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information