Minerva service

Thread: Minerva service

Minerva service

I sent in my Minerva palladio chrono in for a new pusher and general cleaning back in May. Customer service just informed me that it might be up to a year before I get it back. The parts are extremely difficult to find was the explanation. So now I've been perusing the sales forum and bought an orange monster and looking at others. My Jaeger ultra thin is pretty but useless otherwise. I never warmed to the Rolex datejust. So trying to find something that served as well as the Minerva is daunting. So in conclusion, if you need your Minerva serviced, keep a good spare on hand.

Re: Minerva service

Well I finally heard back from Montblanc on the service for my Minerva. It is around $1300 for everything. Broken down it is around $600 for the complete service, $100 for a new pusher, $125 for new luminescent paste, and the remainder for case polishing. I was quoted $400 locally for service on a valjoux 7750 movement. I went ahead with everything except the case polishing for around $860. It will still take them over 6-9 months to get it back to me. So far I am not enamored with the long wait and high cost of service from Montblanc.

Thanks for the update. Seems like a lot of hassle... What did you get for your spare?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've been on the sales forums and purchased a seiko orange monster and a volmax chronograph. My teenager really likes the orange monster and it will probably be his when the Minerva comes back. The volmax is nice but I can see myself flipping it in a few months. I've been wearing my JLC masterthin every now and then but it is too much of a dress watch to wear everyday.

I finally got my Minerva back after a 13 month service. It runs plus or minus 10 sec. a day as far as I can tell. They went ahead and polished the case and didn't charge me for it. So all in all I would say they did a good job but took their time doing it. They sent back the parts they took out and replaced back in a little plastic bag. The picture makes it look really big on my wrist, but in fact it is just a bit small on my wrist in comparison to the Orange monster or the Volmax. I'm too lazy to take a picture from further back as opposed to the close up. Here is a pic of it:Name:  20150624_133450[1].jpg
Views: 197
Size:  1.74 MB
    Last edited by 3puttjay; June 25th, 2015 at 06:18.

Thread Information