Mont Blanc timewalker utc
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Mont Blanc timewalker utc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mont Blanc timewalker utc

Stumbled across this in duty free yesterday...really like it, what info can the experts shed on it for me, good movement? Worth the money? Too big for my wrist?

All thoughts welcome

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omega "Skyfall" Aqua Terra 8500

Re: Mont Blanc timewalker utc

I do not own one, I have only handled a couple in boutiques and read about them on here. I think they make some of the best looking luxury watches hitting the market today. Their designs just seem to tickle my fancy.

I believe the movement in that one is noted by MB as a MB movement, which is realistically a modified ETA movement. This is not a bad thing, more of an observation, in case true in-house movements are a determining factor for you. ETA makes some great movements FWIW.

The fit and finish on newer MB's is outstanding IMHO. Older ones are sometimes considered suspect on WUS, but you are talking new, so that is not a concern. The new ones are very nice watches that are finished nicely and should hold up well.

Speaking to value, that is completely up to discretion of the purchaser lol. I cannot say what I would be comfortable paying for one, but I can definitely say that I would gladly own one.

If you take the plunge, please be sure to post up pics and a review!
    Gianna's Dad likes this.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Hey, thanks for the info, I'll have to find a Mont Blanc dealer in nz and have another look

Thinking the white one just as nice

Omega "Skyfall" Aqua Terra 8500

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I also like the white one and the blue on the band really goes.

ETA or Sellita in that one, yes.

The grey one is a bit more sporty with its orange touches. My preference goes to the white one

Here are some other pictures of the first, for a review I made in Feb.

Name:  DSC00304.JPG
Views: 1243
Size:  242.1 KBName:  DSC00302.JPG
Views: 1234
Size:  202.7 KB
    Gianna's Dad likes this.
    Journaliste, contributeur associé
    http://twitter.com/O_Muller

I have the special edition with white face and blue contrast stitching. I'd say the finish is outstanding on them. Just keep in mind it's a base ETA movement, but that's what alot of other manufacturers use and i don't think there is anything wrong with that. Mine just sits in the safe, too many others to wear :)

General sizing rule is that the lugs shouldn't be wider than your wrist. That's a general rule of thumb, however you have to wear what you like and what you think looks good. At the end of the day who cares what other people think as it's your watch and your wrist. I can swallow a 44mm Panerai without any trouble and i won't wear anything smaller than 41m/42m, but i know there are plenty of people who think the new 42mm standard is huge. I can't stand anything less than 40mm. All the 36mm Rolex's, yuck in my book.

Pricing wise, i think they offer a solid value for the money, it's got some of the best finishing i've seen in a sub 5k watch and there is nothing wrong with a reliable movement. It wears incredibly thin and the strap quality is top notch.

Pulled mine out of the safe for the day :)

KiwiWomble likes this.

after a long time i will finally get the chance to buy one in the next couple of months, books our trip to Switzerland to visit friends....but looking at the pics again i think its too big....just a little overhang on the lugs....narrow down the list though

The TimeWalkers have a very thin bezel and large dial with short lugs which makes them look bigger than they are. I have both a TimeWalker Chrono (43mm) and a Star Chrono (39mm) and I can say I enjoy the TimeWalker more to wear. The skeletonized lugs with matching skeletonized buckle (if you get the strap options, not the bracelet options) is very nice. I'm also a fan of the wok shaped case. It's very unique IMO, and I feel that in 50 years, the TimeWalker might be as iconic of a design as the Panerai look (it was the same person who updated the Paneria design that designed the TimeWalker cases).
    KiwiWomble and Gianna's Dad like this.
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Montblanc Star Chronograph
    Montblanc TimeWalker Dual Carbon Chronograph

Besides the bezel, what's the difference between the UTC and GMT that MB used to offer?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information