Montblanc Heritage Chronométrie Ultra Slim REVIEW
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Montblanc Heritage Chronométrie Ultra Slim REVIEW

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Montblanc Heritage Chronométrie Ultra Slim REVIEW

I've posted on this forum before about trying to find one of these watches. Now that I have one and I've been able to wear it for a week I wanted to do a mini review of the watch. First off, these are hard to find. No grey market dealers have them and the secondary market is scare with prices for used watches hovering close to what a new one cost. I was able to find them in about 5 MB boutiques. Apparently the SS version has been discontinued and they are no longer making it. I called each and every MB boutique that had the watch in stock and asked about any discounts on this watch and was told from each sales person and two managers that MB was unable to offer a discount even on a discontinued watch. With that said, I was able to purchase the watch over the phone from a Boutique and the purchase was tax deferred which saved me some money. The watch was shipped and arrived in 2 days.

The watch is gorgeous. I wanted a simple dress watch to wear with suits that would not break the bank. My everyday watch is a Tudor Pelagos which is much too large for dressing up. I'm in a suit usually only for a few hours several times a week. The watch fits my needs perfectly. It fits under some very fitted dress shirt cuffs and it is not too large to be overly noticed. While 38mm may be large for a dress watch it's doesn't wear that large. The manual wind works great and while the crown is small it is not a problem to wind the watch. The see through movement on the back is beautiful and I love seeing the watch work. I will say that this watch does make some noise. I was taking a small nap on this Sunday afternoon and I could easily hear the watch.

The lack of a second hand and date window does not bother me at all as the watch is unobtrusive. The band is a beautiful alligator skin leather strap. This is genuine alligator skin and not embossed leather. While it looks nice it does feel flimsy. My wife felt the band and said it felt cheap to her. I'm not bothered by it at all and one day I may end up replacing it with a dark brown alligator band instead of the black.

Overall I am happy with my purchase and would make it again in a heartbeat. If anyone is on the fence then I suggest you move forward quick because I believe that once these are gone then you will have trouble finding one. There are still several boutiques that I know have them in stock if you use the "where to buy" feature of the Montblanc website.

Here are some pics...just because.

Name:  IMG_2031.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  504.1 KBName:  IMG_2032.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  602.2 KBName:  IMG_2030.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  769.3 KBName:  IMG_2029.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  578.5 KB
    dantan and zimv20ca like this.

Re: Montblanc Heritage Chronométrie Ultra Slim REVIEW

That’s one classy great looking choice! Thanks for sharing the pics. From time to time I’ve toyed with going fir one of these in gold. Maybe one of these days I’ll take the plunge.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Thanks for your pics and thoughts Pastorsam. I picked one up a couple years ago for exactly the same reason--thin, light and elegant. The movement is very well regarded and when I put on my little Timegrapher, it came in well within COSC standards. I do find winding it a bit of a challenge because of the small crown size, but any larger crown would not be proportional to the case.

Enjoy!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    That’s one classy great looking choice! Thanks for sharing the pics. From time to time I’ve toyed with going fir one of these in gold. Maybe one of these days I’ll take the plunge.
    It's the red gold one that I found. Wanted a PM dress watch and couldn't find anything that was as attractive and such a good value. But being an old retired coot, there have been very few occasions that I've worn it. But it's so gorgeous, you can get real enjoyment by just admiring it in the case.

Congratulations on your MontBlanc Heritage Chronometrie Ultra Slim!

Wear it in good health!

Nice MontBlanc Pen to suit, too.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Thanks for the review! I’ve got one on its way to me this week and am now even more excited to receive it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

// Tudor Black Bay Blue / Omega Speedmaster Pro / Montblanc Ultra Slim / Halios Seaforth Bronze / Autodromo Prototipo / Seiko SKX009 //

It's a very nice watch, Pastorsam. Would love to see this one side-by-side with Minerva's Pythagore, call that the grandfather / grandmother to yours.

Strap looks fine to me; I too have a few really thin, real alligator-skin straps. Yes, they seem flimsy compared to the "usual alligator" straps, but they're fine; just different.
    With these slim dress watches, strap choice is important so that it doesn't overpower the watch. Ostrich watch band works well too.

To bring this post full circle:

Name:  150329_Minerva Pythagore_8.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  66.1 KB
    (no, I don't have two - this is my watch and a sibling)
    oztech and Vorsprung like this.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of this Montblanc watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    It's a very nice watch, Pastorsam. Would love to see this one side-by-side with Minerva's Pythagore, call that the grandfather / grandmother to yours.

Strap looks fine to me; I too have a few really thin, real alligator-skin straps. Yes, they seem flimsy compared to the "usual alligator" straps, but they're fine; just different.
    With these slim dress watches, strap choice is important so that it doesn't overpower the watch. Ostrich watch band works well too.

To bring this post full circle:

Name:  150329_Minerva Pythagore_8.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  66.1 KB
    (no, I don't have two - this is my watch and a sibling)
    Speaking of Montblanc and Minerva… ;)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Montblanc-1858-Monopusher-Chronograph-green-2.jpg 
Views:	1036 
Size:	496.8 KB 
ID:	13082861
    oztech and MHe225 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsubscriber View Post
    Speaking of Montblanc and Minerva… ;)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Montblanc-1858-Monopusher-Chronograph-green-2.jpg 
Views:	1036 
Size:	496.8 KB 
ID:	13082861
    Show off

Name:  Minerva_Venus_175_2.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  319.2 KB

This Minerva Heritage Ref A 175-A8B was supposed to be limited to 300 but only 97 were actually made. Apparently the company ran out of Venus 175 movements ......
    I had always "hoped" that Montblanc would bring these "missing" 203 pieces to the market. Under the Minerva name, of course.
    Eventually, I gave up hope and the hunt was one (successfully, as per the pic)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information