Montblanc quartz watch went terribly wrong

Thread: Montblanc quartz watch went terribly wrong

Montblanc quartz watch went terribly wrong

Good day to all WUS members. I'm new to this forum although have been lurking and surfing for quite a lot during all these years.
    I was brought upon here to find a solution for my watch attached. It was mostly kept in drawer and found out that the battery leaked and caused the whole movement died. So I brought to a nearby shop where he said would be able to replace for me.
    Came back with a ticking watch "plus" some markings smudged away! I'm suspecting it was the oil on his fingers, he apologized and "drew" back the markings for me. I can't say much as I know this is a friendly neighborhood watch shop that's what I get. Can't complain. Also with some strands of dust in my dial now... markings from 8 to 10 is unbearable to me!
    Cut story short ! Any idea where I can get a dial replacement ?
    I stay in Singapore...
    Sorry for blur photo I'm using iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Montblanc quartz watch went terribly wrong

This watch really grew on me the longer I see it. Light on wrist too. Blame myself for ruined it...

Or maybe a quartz watch is just not worth it?

Quartz in the long run is not worth it. BUT you said you are attached to it, and sentimentality is priceless! You could have Montblanc/Richemont (parent company) do a complete service, cleaning, and replacement of worn out parts. It'll cost you ~$500USD or thereabouts, maybe Quartz is less, but it'll be about 3-4 months at a minimum. Is it worth that much to you?
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Montblanc Star Chronograph
    Montblanc TimeWalker Dual Carbon Chronograph

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gyang333 View Post
    Quartz in the long run is not worth it. BUT you said you are attached to it, and sentimentality is priceless! You could have Montblanc/Richemont (parent company) do a complete service, cleaning, and replacement of worn out parts. It'll cost you ~$500USD or thereabouts, maybe Quartz is less, but it'll be about 3-4 months at a minimum. Is it worth that much to you?
    Hi thanks for the reply!
    Yeah the more I looked on the dial, the polished reflective numbers & hands, everything is just perfect.
    Don't think I'll send to Montblanc for complete service... I was thinking to find a dial and get it replaced. Or "DIY"? Just kidding I don't have the tools and skills. Just found another dust in the minute hand. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Limsheng View Post
    Good day to all WUS members. I'm new to this forum although have been lurking and surfing for quite a lot during all these years.
    I was brought upon here to find a solution for my watch attached. It was mostly kept in drawer and found out that the battery leaked and caused the whole movement died. So I brought to a nearby shop where he said would be able to replace for me.
    Came back with a ticking watch "plus" some markings smudged away! I'm suspecting it was the oil on his fingers, he apologized and "drew" back the markings for me. I can't say much as I know this is a friendly neighborhood watch shop that's what I get. Can't complain. Also with some strands of dust in my dial now... markings from 8 to 10 is unbearable to me!
    Cut story short ! Any idea where I can get a dial replacement ?
    I stay in Singapore...
    Sorry for blur photo I'm using iPhone

That's why I always recommend sending the watch back to its manufacturer for service.

Quote Originally Posted by UofRSpider View Post
    That's why I always recommend sending the watch back to its manufacturer for service.
    Yes this I totally agree. If not one problem will come after another.

Thread Information