Montblanc Star quartz 36 mm
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Montblanc Star quartz 36 mm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Montblanc Star quartz 36 mm

Hello friends,

I want to buy a MB star quartz (36 mm) watch. I find it very expensive for a quartz watch (1200 euros-$1500). I have intention to leave gradually automatic and mechanical movements. I'm seeking for comfort and beauty and some models of quartz gives both things. This MB is very nice.

Is it only the name of the brand that makes this quartz model so expensive ? I want to buy it for their beauty but...what positive things, ​characteristics and details you can tell about the watch to pay 1200 euros?

What reference is the movement of this MB Star Quartz? Ronda, ETA...?

Regards

Re: Montblanc Star quartz 36 mm

Quote Originally Posted by serenata View Post
    Hello friends,

I want to buy a MB star quartz (36 mm) watch. I find it very expensive for a quartz watch (1200 euros-$1500). I have intention to leave gradually automatic and mechanical movements. I'm seeking for comfort and beauty and some models of quartz gives both things. This MB is very nice.

Is it only the name of the brand that makes this quartz model so expensive ? I want to buy it for their beauty but...what positive things, ​characteristics and details you can tell about the watch to pay 1200 euros?

What reference is the movement of this MB Star Quartz? Ronda, ETA...?

Regards
    If you mean the 07249 model then it's a nice looking watch. The crystal is slightly domed and meets the edge of the watch smoothly for an edgeless finish. The crystal when looked at from an angle gives off a mild blue/grey haze suggesting some tinting possibly from the A/F coating. The face has machine milled guilloching and the pattern radiates from a barely visible Montblanc logo that under certain light conditions looks magnificent. Around the case edge of the watch is engraved Meisterstuck. Basically the detail and material of the watch is superb as you would expect from Montblanc. Think MB and BMW and you get the idea - German sophistication and styling.

Something you can also bet is that the same quality materials that Montblanc uses to make their pens they also use in their watches meaning the chromium won't discolour or peel over time (my Montblanc pen I have owned for 25 years still keeps its luster after so long).

The watch is unisex and when I bought mine it came with a men's strap (can't imagine a woman having wrists as large as mine). The watch fits nicely under a shirt cuff which is important for me. The original strap (matte black calf with white stitching) looks pretty plain and doesn't do the watch justice. If you do end up buying the watch unhook the original strap and invest some money in a top quality crocodile strap from Italy - black croc if you plan to wear it with a suit and tie or tan croc if you dress more casual. Either way it will really make the watch stand out more.

You do pay for the name undoubtedly but not all names are equal. Montblanc comes with a worldwide warranty that assures you can find a service centre in most major cities of the world. You also know that Montblanc dealerships are well established. Compare that to some luxury names that compete at the same price but just appoint a re-seller or don't even have proper dealerships with service centres and you will quickly realise that the extra price you pay for Montblanc is worth it. Just make sure you buy from an appointed AD.

Quote Originally Posted by big-WIS View Post
    If you mean the 07249 model then it's a nice looking watch. The crystal is slightly domed and meets the edge of the watch smoothly for an edgeless finish. The crystal when looked at from an angle gives off a mild blue/grey haze suggesting some tinting possibly from the A/F coating. The face has machine milled guilloching and the pattern radiates from a barely visible Montblanc logo that under certain light conditions looks magnificent. Around the case edge of the watch is engraved Meisterstuck. Basically the detail and material of the watch is superb as you would expect from Montblanc. Think MB and BMW and you get the idea - German sophistication and styling.

Something you can also bet is that the same quality materials that Montblanc uses to make their pens they also use in their watches meaning the chromium won't discolour or peel over time (my Montblanc pen I have owned for 25 years still keeps its luster after so long).

The watch is unisex and when I bought mine it came with a men's strap (can't imagine a woman having wrists as large as mine). The watch fits nicely under a shirt cuff which is important for me. The original strap (matte black calf with white stitching) looks pretty plain and doesn't do the watch justice. If you do end up buying the watch unhook the original strap and invest some money in a top quality crocodile strap from Italy - black croc if you plan to wear it with a suit and tie or tan croc if you dress more casual. Either way it will really make the watch stand out more.

You do pay for the name undoubtedly but not all names are equal. Montblanc comes with a worldwide warranty that assures you can find a service centre in most major cities of the world. You also know that Montblanc dealerships are well established. Compare that to some luxury names that compete at the same price but just appoint a re-seller or don't even have proper dealerships with service centres and you will quickly realise that the extra price you pay for Montblanc is worth it. Just make sure you buy from an appointed AD.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have the doubt to choice between a new MB Star 07249 model or an old Summit in a very good condition but without box and papers. (1000 euros vs 300 euros). I have a Nomos tangente datum (37,5 mm) and it is a little big for my slim wrist. MB Summit is 38 mm but I don´t know if your coloured face give the feeling that the watch is smaller than the 37,5 Nomos. MB Star is 36 mm and hers size is perfect to me... but it is very expensive.

Regards

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for your reply.
    I have the doubt to choice between a new MB Star 07249 model or an old Summit in a very good condition but without box and papers. (1000 euros vs 300 euros). I have a Nomos tangente datum (37,5 mm) and it is a little big for my slim wrist. MB Summit is 38 mm but I don´t know if your coloured face give the feeling that the watch is smaller than the 37,5 Nomos. MB Star is 36 mm and hers size is perfect to me... but it is very expensive.

Regards
    The detailing and the patterns on the MB is far more intricate. I don't own a Nomos but I have seen them in the shops and they are plain by comparison and I've never taken a second look at the Nomos to be honest.

I assume when you say expensive you mean the automatic version of the MB. You might want to consider getting a quartz version which might fit your budget. You can find them for about $900.

Picture Re: Montblanc Star quartz 36 mm

The detailing and the patterns on the MB is far more intricate. I don't own a Nomos but I have seen them in the shops and they are plain by comparison and I've never taken a second look at the Nomos to be honest.

I assume when you say expensive you mean the automatic version of the MB. You might want to consider getting a quartz version which might fit your budget. You can find them for about $900.

I just looked at the summit on google. To be honest it looks a lot like the nomos. It also looks a lot like my office wall clock. Sure it's east to read the time but I think too much function and not enough form.

Hello,

A new MB star from a Official Retailer is impossible to find for less of $1200. This Star quartz is my next purchase. MB Summit from second hand market is possible to find in a mind condition about $550. I live in Barcelona, Spain

Hello,

A new MB star from a Official Retailer is impossible to find for less of $1200. This Star quartz is my next purchase. MB Summit from second hand market is possible to find in a mind condition about $550. I live in Barcelona, Spain

For those us living outside Spain I think right now Spain offers the cheapest place to buy new watches. I don't know what the sales taxes are in Spain but maybe that's a reason why it's more expensive for you. Since you are in the EU why don't you look at Italian or German online sellers and have it shipped to you.

For your information I bought my MB on the Emirates Airlines website for $900. You might want to take a look and see if they will ship it into Spain duty free.

For those us living outside Spain I think right now Spain offers the cheapest place to buy new watches. I don't know what the sales taxes are in Spain but maybe that's a reason why it's more expensive for you. Since you are in the EU why don't you look at Italian or German online sellers and have it shipped to you.

For your information I bought my MB on the Emirates Airlines website for $900. You might want to take a look and see if they will ship it into Spain duty free.
    Bad luck my friend. I went to look at the Emirates High Street shopping website and no more MB watches. Plenty of MB pens but no more watches.

I also looked on EBAY and saw 2nd hand MB 07429 going for around $999. That is more than I paid for it new!

Bad luck my friend. I went to look at the Emirates High Street shopping website and no more MB watches. Plenty of MB pens but no more watches.

I also looked on EBAY and saw 2nd hand MB 07429 going for around $999. That is more than I paid for it new!

Thanks for your information!

Import taxes are about 25% (watch price +shipping). I think that MB Star quartz is a recently model. I hope that in the next time there are an important offer of second hand.

Regards

up!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information