my Mont Blanc Sport back after being serviced by Mont Blanc
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CafeRacerMark

Thread: my Mont Blanc Sport back after being serviced by Mont Blanc

my Mont Blanc Sport back after being serviced by Mont Blanc

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I gave the wrong model no. in my other post asking what movement may be in it. My Mont Blanc Sport is model reference number 7035. I believe that possibly the code 7148 refers to the bracelet?

Anyway it was running -6 seconds per day and hadn't been serviced in it's 7-year life plus could do with a polish and I asked them to replace the hands as second hand was not in a good way, which is why I picked it up cheap in the first place. So off it went to Mont Blanc in London. 3 week later here's the result, my wallet is £395 lighter, ouch however I'm very pleased with it!
    It now looks new

Last edited by CafeRacerMark; April 19th, 2014 at 12:16.
    bluejeans likes this.
    Cheers!
    Mark

Baume & Mercier Riviera 8778 black - Eterna Super KonTiki 1576.41 green - Breitling SuperOcean A17360 orange
    Eterna Super KonTiki 1577.41 orange - Eterna Super KonTiki 1576.41 red - Longines 5 Star Admiral L3.502.4 white
    Longines Admiral L3.502.5 black/gold - Omega Seamaster 212.30.41 white/red - Rolex Submariner 14060M black
    Tudor Hydronaut 89190 yellow - Zenith Rainbow Elite 0470.670 blue & gold - Zenith Rainbow Elite 0471.670 mango

Re: my Mont Blanc Sport back after being serviced by Mont Blanc

3 week turnaround? That's very fast for servicing correct? Also do you know if Montblanc handled the servicing or if it was the Richemont service center?
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Montblanc Star Chronograph
    Montblanc TimeWalker Dual Carbon Chronograph

Hi George,

Thanks for replying When I took the watch into Montblanc AD in Windsor they rang the Service Centre on the spot and MB there and then quoted 4 weeks turnaround. Left the watch with AD and about 3 1/2 weeks later it came back. Good as new.

Was the watch serviced at Montblanc or Richemont service centre? I've no idea. Only guessing here but possibly Montblanc & Richemont service centres are located in the same building, just like their rival counterparts such as TAG Heuer/Zenith or Rolex/Tudor or Omega/Longines/Hamilton/Tissot etc are located in their service centres in each country?
    Cheers!
    Mark

Baume & Mercier Riviera 8778 black - Eterna Super KonTiki 1576.41 green - Breitling SuperOcean A17360 orange
    Eterna Super KonTiki 1577.41 orange - Eterna Super KonTiki 1576.41 red - Longines 5 Star Admiral L3.502.4 white
    Longines Admiral L3.502.5 black/gold - Omega Seamaster 212.30.41 white/red - Rolex Submariner 14060M black
    Tudor Hydronaut 89190 yellow - Zenith Rainbow Elite 0470.670 blue & gold - Zenith Rainbow Elite 0471.670 mango

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Folks,

If you have a simple service, with no specific trouble to shoot, the watch stays in the country you are.

If the service has to be more important, the watch is back at the Richemont Service Center, which is located in the Paris suburb.

Cheers,

Olivier
    Journaliste, contributeur associé
    http://twitter.com/O_Muller

Interesting action you had here, Mark ! Indeed, the service on the second hand / caliber had to be done.

However, did you also specify your AD you wanted the watch to be polished again ? Just to make it as new as possible ?

Because some clients sometimes ask their AD to let the scratches & scars visible upon their watch...as a testimonial from their life, for instance...

What was your specific request ?

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for replying. I did ask Montblanc via the AD to replace the hands as AD thinks the previous owner of the watch must have tried to do something themselves, it was as though the seconds hand had been slightly damged by maybe some pliers? I also asked for the watch to be polished as the main scuff was on the MB star on the bracelet (6 0'clock side) and a few minor scratches on the bezel and also to complete a full service.

Overall it was quite expensive but I've ended up with a watch that looks brand new.
    Cheers!
    Mark

Yes, that's a fact, service becomes more and more expensive. MB, being part of Richemont, now has a huge service center around Paris. It's 'mutualized' with all the other brands of the group. Costs should be at least at the same level than before or even reduced. But they went higher. And now the brands complain that people don't get their watch on time to service. I have a couple of old Breitling, and the problem is the same. With, for instance, a '66 old Navitimer, service would be around 1000 CHF / 800 euros. In other words, for giving in service just a couple of watches like this one, I'd have enough......to buy a new watch !! Non sense....

Thread Information