New Montblanc TimeWalker Chronograph UTC DLC
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Montblanc TimeWalker Chronograph UTC DLC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Montblanc TimeWalker Chronograph UTC DLC

What are your thoughts? The style has changed up quite a bit, mostly with the text and rotational bezel and the continued de-emphasis of the TimeWalker font numerals that was a big focal point of the old TimeWalkers.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/mo...imited-edition
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Montblanc Star Chronograph
    Montblanc TimeWalker Dual Carbon Chronograph

Re: New Montblanc TimeWalker Chronograph UTC DLC

The rally timer and 1/1000th second chronograph are impressive and show off the capability that Montblanc has through Minerva. I'm not a big fan of the base model TimeWalker Date. Quite like the UTC, but love the look of the TimeWalker Chronograph. Could see that being a big seller for them.

I like it, most sleek looking of the new Timewalkers, but unfortunately gets too be similar to dark side of the moon etc for example. Anyone one know release date?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think it has lost some of the uniqueness that made the old Timewalker what it was. I especially liked the case/lug design of the old TW and it appears that has gone on the new one, in addition to the more generic styling of the dial. It's strayed too far over to the DSOM/Speedmaster side as has been mentioned. I'll be keeping my current TW UTC Chrono.
    ROLEX PANERAI OMEGA BREMONT HEUER MONTBLANC

Quote Originally Posted by pukka View Post
    I think it has lost some of the uniqueness that made the old Timewalker what it was. I especially liked the case/lug design of the old TW and it appears that has gone on the new one, in addition to the more generic styling of the dial. It's strayed too far over to the DSOM/Speedmaster side as has been mentioned. I'll be keeping my current TW UTC Chrono.

Thank you! I feel the same way. The TimeWalker had a very unique design with the skeletonized lugs and the wok-shaped case and the unique font that was designed for the line. It's morphing into a generic chronograph-type of watch. I thought the v1.5 that came out a few years ago (Urban Speed, I think it was called) was an okay re-iteration of the classic TW design but this is straying too far away from that.

Name:  Hv2Pd2F.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  2.01 MB

This is the version when I think of TimeWalker, not these new monstrosities. I feel like the past few years has been a weird time for the brand. I get that Jerome Lambert's main objective was to increase sales (duh) but this new team is going after the casual crowd that's willing to shell out a couple grand to a random brand (think of the TAG crowd) and the additions of Davide Cerrato and Zaim Kamal has been bad for the brand.
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270

Wow super cool and sleek! wasn't expecting that.

Oooh gyang333, that's nice.
    Last edited by Archiesdad; May 24th, 2017 at 22:43.
    gyang333 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gyang333 View Post
    Thank you! I feel the same way. The TimeWalker had a very unique design with the skeletonized lugs and the wok-shaped case and the unique font that was designed for the line. It's morphing into a generic chronograph-type of watch. I thought the v1.5 that came out a few years ago (Urban Speed, I think it was called) was an okay re-iteration of the classic TW design but this is straying too far away from that.

Name:  Hv2Pd2F.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  2.01 MB

This is the version when I think of TimeWalker, not these new monstrosities. I feel like the past few years has been a weird time for the brand. I get that Jerome Lambert's main objective was to increase sales (duh) but this new team is going after the casual crowd that's willing to shell out a couple grand to a random brand (think of the TAG crowd) and the additions of Davide Cerrato and Zaim Kamal has been bad for the brand.
    Reminds me of a Tissot.

I'm also not a fan, it looks too generic. But over time opinions will change, we'll see in 5 years time.

Rolex cop a lot of flack that they don't change the design but it's what makes them iconic.

Only when you place them side by side that see you seen the obvious evolution of the models.

Some purist cry the current Submariner isn't as good as the older models (I disagree, the current one (7yo) is fantastic). The public sees them as exactly the same.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've tried the new model on and its nice. In photos it looks a bit generic and boring, but its sustantial on the wrist and nicely finished, and is a more mature design. The lugs and font of the old Timewalker were getting just that, old, and a bit too fussy.
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese 7-Day Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130 World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph, Vacheron Constantin Overseas World Time. Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

How did you like the new deployant? I tried some on during the preview event in Toronto Canada and I was not a fan of the deployant, it seems overly big, thick, and clunky. I do agree that in person the watches do seem nicer than they are conveyed over pictures.
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information