OK guys, it is time to start preparing for the major change in the course of this project, that might not happen at all, but it is better to be ready, than sorry.
Let me explain the situation:
At the beginning of September (3rd of September to be precise), following up on Ralf's phonecall to Günther Steinhart himself, where Günther promised to work with us, I have sent an email with several questions relating to our future design options. You can see the email in the attachment of this post.
Since I have not received a single word back, I decided to send a reminder to Günther, which took place on September 12th. Again, no response.
Then I have asked Ralf to call him again, which happened somewhere at the beginning of October, where Günther again promised to work with us, but said that he is busy with some internal processes (SAP deployment I believe or something like that).
I have sent another email October 26th, this time in German to make it easy for Günther. No response again.
Another email went in Günther's direction on November 2nd. No response.
Then I got an advice to contact him via Facebook, which I did. He replied within two days expressing surprise that he did not get any email from me (I need to say that I did not mention anything about the project or about my identity - he might have not realized immediately that my Facebook profile has anything to do with our project and I only said that I sent him an email with no response, nothing else). He asked me to resend my email.
I then resent my email and sent him a heads up on Facebook, mentioning my project email address. This was on November 14th, 3 days ago.
Until now, I received no reply to my email and no reply to my Facebook message, although Günther was active on Facebook at least.
This leaves me with almost zero hope that we will ever get a response and worse yet, that we will ever be able to work efficiently on this project with a company, that has no interest in project involving 60+ loyal customers.
It is quite possible, that we will have to shift our project elsewhere, but before that happens, I would like to discuss all the options with you. I don't want to give up on Steinhart yet. It is possible, that they are just SOOOOO busy, that they are unable to reply at all (please note, that some of my emails went to general Steinhart address in CC, which means I got ignored by whole Steinhart company, not just the man himself). But in case the worse scenario is the right answer to their silence, meaning that they are not interested in our project at all, I would like to hear your proposals:
1. is there anything we can do to save our cooperation with Steinhart (and let's all swallow that bitter pill of humiliation that we have to beg for attention)?
2. would you be willing to continue with another company?
3. do you have any ideas which company could replace Steinhart?
Please, this is a discussion, not a decision process yet, but we might end up in a situation, where your input will serve as a base for a vote regarding our transition to another company.
Thank you all for your valuable input!