WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

OLD THREAD - Design Thread 10 - Name of the watch

15K views 202 replies 32 participants last post by  alexcswong 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear gentlemen,

it is time to discuss the name of the watch. As promised, we are now trying to speed the tempo up a little bit, so since Triton is now working on the fine tuning of the main hands, we will, in the mean time, discuss your ideas and proposals on this topic.

This thread may not close as soon as other design threads, it might, in fact, span over multiple other design threads, or it might end whenever we feel we have found the right name. There is no definitive dead line to this discussion... It would be great to decide on the name before we design the case back, since there will probably be the name and some picture engraved...

In order to make this discussion a little bit organized, I would like to ask you to follow these simple guidelines:
  1. mark your proposal "PROPOSAL"
  2. if you are only tossing ideas around, there is no need to makr it a a PROPOSAL, but please understand, that I might not include it in a vote
  3. always try to explain why is your proposals a valid one in regard to the theme we have selected...
  4. there is no limit to the number of proposals per participant
  5. feel free to unleash your imagination and try not to restrain yourself with gods and mythology

That is about all. Now let the discussion begin!

See less See more
#200 ·
Re: Design Thread 10 - Name of the watch

I'll be honest. My acw111 we'll probably be voted for by me.. :p
I'm adding my voice to this. There are some cool names, especially the ones I suggested ;-) but what would be really cool is to have a name that means something, especially as it would only mean something to the elite club of those of us who are in the know.

ACW 111 is so cool on so many levels, the name of ACW, the 111 being his squadron AND the number of Watches we are making. And it has an aviation/military classification number feel about it. It's just right.

So, brilliant though my suggestions obviously were I shall be going for an ACW variant.

come on people...do this right, let's go for a name that will be cool FOREVER, not just cool for a moment in time.
Thank you guys, just to make myself clear:

I don't care if the name is Steinhart A.C.W or Steinhart ACW111, or Steihart A.C.W. SeventyFive or whatever name containing Sir Air Commodore Whittle there is, as long as it contains his name... :)

Thank you!

The problem is, that the Whittle containing names are in one group, so if the votes get split amongst them, then some cool name rather than good name will win...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.