OLD THREAD - Design Thread 10b - The Name - FINALE!
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: OLD THREAD - Design Thread 10b - The Name - FINALE!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Off Topic post OLD THREAD - Design Thread 10b - The Name - FINALE!

So, gentleman, in this thread, we want to discuss the final choice for our name. Here are the candidates:

A.C.W. (variant)

Meteor

Valkyrie

Please feel free to continue campaigning for your favorite name, feel free to add any kind of info you want, be it pictures, graphics, elaborate texts etc...

After a week or so of discussion, we will proceed with the final vote!
    Join our great project! Click this link and apply: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f521/pr...n-1246450.html

Re: Design Thread 10b - The Name - FINALE!

I won't patronize anyone about, again, why acw...particularly acw 111 should be our choice. Of the others, Valkyrie would be ok. It's bold and mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    I won't patronize anyone about, again, why acw...particularly acw 111 should be our choice. Of the others, Valkyrie would be ok. It's bold and mysterious.
    I agree, A.C.W. 111 is probably the best choice... Valkyrie is second best, although better tied to the theme is Meteor in my opinion... So I am more than comfortable with any of the three...
    Join our great project! Click this link and apply: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f521/pr...n-1246450.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love ACW111 (which in my head I pronounce one-eleven) I like the idea of the secret that nobody else will know, it's kind of in keeping with our club. The fact that there will be 111 watches and it was ACW's squadron makes it perfect. The universe is trying to tell us something.

Of the other two I like Meteor because of the Gloster Meteor, which has great significance in terms of aviation but mainly because it was the card that beat everything in my game of Top Trumps when I was about Eight.

Valkyrie is ok, but a little unimaginative and bordering on cliché

"A problem shared is a problem two people have got." - Arthur Daley

Collection In order of acquisition: Omega SMP 300 | Accurist |TW Steel | Breil | Victorinox Groundforce | Orient Mako |Orient Mako XL | Steinhart OVM | Suunto ambit 2R | Smiths Everest (Timefactors) | Christopher Ward C60 Trident 600 Pro | Christopher Ward C3 Malvern Chrono | Seiko Recraft SNKN01 | Christopher Ward C8 Pilot Mk2 Vintage U-2, And that's it. NO MORE. Vostok Komandirskie 1965 | Laco Aachen | Christopher Ward C8 Flyer Mk1 | Seiko SRP315K1 Monster | Christopher Ward C7 Automatic | Steinhart Aviation Automatic | Christopher Ward C65 GMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdaz View Post
    I love ACW111 (which in my head I pronounce one-eleven) I like the idea of the secret that nobody else will know, it's kind of in keeping with our club. The fact that there will be 111 watches and it was ACW's squadron makes it perfect. The universe is trying to tell us something.

Of the other two I like Meteor because of the Gloster Meteor, which has great significance in terms of aviation but mainly because it was the card that beat everything in my game of Top Trumps when I was about Eight.

Valkyrie is ok, but a little unimaginative and bordering on cliché
    You might have just come with another brilliant idea: Steinhart A.C.W. OneEleven... How cool is that?
    Macdaz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CzechMate View Post
    You might have just come with another brilliant idea: Steinhart A.C.W. OneEleven... How cool is that?
    Do you know I think I might have. (Even if I took you to point it out!) I like it a lot!
    CzechMate likes this.

"A problem shared is a problem two people have got." - Arthur Daley

Collection In order of acquisition: Omega SMP 300 | Accurist |TW Steel | Breil | Victorinox Groundforce | Orient Mako |Orient Mako XL | Steinhart OVM | Suunto ambit 2R | Smiths Everest (Timefactors) | Christopher Ward C60 Trident 600 Pro | Christopher Ward C3 Malvern Chrono | Seiko Recraft SNKN01 | Christopher Ward C8 Pilot Mk2 Vintage U-2, And that's it. NO MORE. Vostok Komandirskie 1965 | Laco Aachen | Christopher Ward C8 Flyer Mk1 | Seiko SRP315K1 Monster | Christopher Ward C7 Automatic | Steinhart Aviation Automatic | Christopher Ward C65 GMT.

Do you know I think I might have. (Even if I took you to point it out!) I like it a lot!
    I like pointing out other people's brilliant ideas! I usually present them as my own's...

I'm down with that :)

ACW 111 all the way. I am reading a biography of Arthur C Clarke the science fiction writer, and got to the point where as a young man, he and others tried to convince the British government to fund the development of the jet engine pre-WWII.

Dave
    CzechMate and JSal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CBM_DOC View Post
    ACW 111 all the way. I am reading a biography of Arthur C Clarke the science fiction writer, and got to the point where as a young man, he and others tried to convince the British government to fund the development of the jet engine pre-WWII.

Dave
    My favorite sci-fi author, 2001: A Space Odyssey, 2010: Odyssey Two, A Randezvous with Rama etc... Together with Isaac Asimov, those two men were my sci-fi gods...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information