OLD THREAD - Design Thread 11 - The Crown
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: OLD THREAD - Design Thread 11 - The Crown

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Off Topic post OLD THREAD - Design Thread 11 - The Crown

Project THOR – Design Thread 11

THE CROWN

PLEASE READ THIS POST CAREFULLY!

This is our crown design thread where our goal is to come up with ideas and suggestions regarding the style, shape and intricacies of our crown.

It’s our goal to have as many different participants as possible contributing to it, therefore we ask that everyone PLEASE follow and respect the simple guidelines for this thread that are listed below.

Here’s how this thread will all work: In the first part of this design step we’ll discuss our ideas for the crown, and at the same time everyone will have an opportunity to present their preferences so that others can informally vote on it. After a period of tossing ideas around (the brainstorming period ends in about a week or two), CzechMate (me) will collect the most interesting and popular ideas and send them to Triton, who will prepare a number of sample crown designs based on our project theme and given suggestions. Once completed, those layouts will be presented for everyone to review. Please understand, that we cannot incorporate ideas, that are obviously against the theme we selected, even though they might gather some support.

IMPORTANT: Bear in mind the cost impact your choice can have on the project! The best cost wise solution is to select a crown Steinhart already produces. That would save some money for other features, like display case back, packaging, etc... Of course we can have copletely new crown of our own design, but that would require significant expenses which we can miss in the end of the project. So be WISE with your proposal please!

After Triton renderings are complete, we will proceed with a vote.

GUIDELINES:
    In order to avoid complete chaos, and to make every participant’s proposal easy to follow, please observe the following guidelines when contributing to this thread.

PLAN FIRST, THEN POST.
    Take some time and carefully think about what you want the crown to look like. Which elements are important to you? Write them all down, or prepare a mock-up using them, and then present it in ONE post using the title “MY PROPOSAL”.

TWO PER CUSTOMER.

Only one list or mock-up per participant and one possible update later (in separate post), please! Why? There are a number of reasons: we want to avoid the inevitable flood of thrown-against-the-wall ideas; we need to keep this thread organized so that Triton can use the ideas; and mostly because we want as many participants as possible to have a chance to contribute their own ideas - we don't want to see this thread monopolized by a small minority of the more vocal participants.

READ AND VOTE.

Read the proposals of the other participants that are posted here, and if you see one that you really like and think it should be used for our crown, click on the post’s “Like” button. Ideas with the most “Likes” will be the ones used by Triton.

Please don’t use the “Like” button in this thread unless it’s to indicate a crown proposal you would like to see used.

Also, likes given to a post that is not marked as PROPOSAL will not be counted.
    Please note that the first post of this thread – this post – will be the one used to display the sample crowns prepared by Triton.
    And finally, remember that this thread and design step only concerns the crown. Please stay on topic.

HERE ARE THE RENDERS:
    Name:  Thor-crowns_1+2.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  241.4 KB

Name:  Thor-crowns_3+4.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  239.7 KB
    Last edited by CzechMate; March 17th, 2016 at 12:49.
    Join our great project! Click this link and apply: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f521/pr...n-1246450.html

Re: Design Thread 11 - The Crown

The crown of the military goes well with the watch, I think.
    JSal, Macdaz and Cosmodromedary like this.

Long Island, NY a.k.a. .....................Strong Island

***PROPOSAL***

I propose that since CzechMate has mentioned above that creating an Original design crown will eat up a good deal of the budget that can be used on something else more important down the road. So I suggest we use a crown that Steinhart already has in their arsenal.

Having said that what better crown than the one Steinhart designed for use with the case we are using for this watch.

This is why I Propose we use the crown from the "Military 42" shown below.
    Name:  1507330629military42-haz_06.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  35.1 KB
    Name:  1630626875military42-haz_01.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  45.2 KB
    Name:  2022939706military42-haz_09.jpg
Size:  60.2 KB

So if you agree, please Slam this Proposal post with "LIKES" and Let's make this a quick, easy and fast step so we can move on to something else more important that we have to give more thought to.
    Last edited by JSal; February 20th, 2016 at 14:26.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MrDagon007 View Post
    The crown of the military goes well with the watch, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSal View Post
    ***PROPOSAL***

I propose that since CzechMate has mentioned above that creating an Original design crown will eat up a good deal of the budget that can be used on something else more important down the road. So I suggest we use a crown that Steinhart already has in their arsenal.

Having said that what better crown than the one Steinhart designed for use with the case we are using for this watch.

This is why I Propose we use the crown from the "Military 42" shown below.
    Name:  1507330629military42-haz_06.jpg
Size:  35.1 KB
    Name:  1630626875military42-haz_01.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  45.2 KB
    Name:  2022939706military42-haz_09.jpg
Size:  60.2 KB

Let's make this a quick and fast step so we can move on to something else more important that we have to give more thought to.
    Exactly what I had in mind before I even considered looking. As it turns out It's already available, fits the case perfectly and exactly what I was after. This certainly gets my support.
    Cosmodromedary likes this.

"A problem shared is a problem two people have got." - Arthur Daley

Collection In order of acquisition: Omega SMP 300 | Accurist |TW Steel | Breil | Victorinox Groundforce | Orient Mako |Orient Mako XL | Steinhart OVM | Suunto ambit 2R | Smiths Everest (Timefactors) | Christopher Ward C60 Trident 600 Pro | Christopher Ward C3 Malvern Chrono | Seiko Recraft SNKN01 | Christopher Ward C8 Pilot Mk2 Vintage U-2, And that's it. NO MORE. Vostok Komandirskie 1965 | Laco Aachen | Christopher Ward C8 Flyer Mk1 | Seiko SRP315K1 Monster | Christopher Ward C7 Automatic | Steinhart Aviation Automatic | Christopher Ward C65 GMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdaz View Post
    Exactly what I had in mind before I even considered looking. As it turns out It's already available, fits the case perfectly and exactly what I was after. This certainly gets my support.
    I agree 200%

I think this phase is a No-Brainer

Hopefully we can make this unanimous so we can blow right thru this phase and move on to the next one.

It will also save Triton/Simon valuable time and he will not have to create mockups for a multiple choice vote.
    Last edited by JSal; February 20th, 2016 at 14:23.
    Cosmodromedary likes this.

I want a 2ct diamond as the crown. Why did we have to not have unlimited funds?

I will scour Steinhart's page shortly. I'm not against the above crown^^ but I'm not convinced there isn't better suited.. Yet... ;)
    CzechMate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    I campaigned hard for an unlimited budget for just this type of situation, but it's water under the bridge and now we have to improvise.

I
    will scour Steinhart's page shortly. I'm not against the above crown^^ but I'm not conuvinced there isn't better suited.. Yet... ;)
    Look till your hearts content. I prefer you're sure before you or anyone else supports my proposal.

Now if we had the extra funds and we were going to design an all new crown I'd say yes... there might be a more exciting option.

But if we go with an existing Steinhart crown I can assure you there isn't a better crown in Steinhart's lineup suited to this watch case.
    Last edited by JSal; February 20th, 2016 at 15:43.

Last edited by CzechMate; February 20th, 2016 at 15:34.
    delco714 and asrar.merchant like this.
    Join our great project! Click this link and apply: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f521/pr...n-1246450.html

Quote Originally Posted by CzechMate View Post
    It's a dead link... I've found the WUS has been doing this lately when uploading pics.

I found a work around... go back and edit the post by uploading the same pics again and delete the old.

There you go... looks like you fixed it.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information