OLD THREAD - Design Thread 9: Handset
Like Tree295Likes

Thread: OLD THREAD - Design Thread 9: Handset

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Off Topic post OLD THREAD - Design Thread 9: Handset

Project THOR – Design Thread 9

HANDSET

PLEASE READ THIS POST CAREFULLY!

This is our handset design thread where our goal is to come up with ideas and suggestions regarding the style, shape and intricacies of our handset.

It’s our goal to have as many different participants as possible contributing to it, therefore we ask that everyone PLEASE follow and respect the simple guidelines for this thread that are listed below.

Here’s how this thread will all work: In the first part of this design step we’ll discuss our ideas for the handset, and at the same time everyone will have an opportunity to present their preferences so that others can informally vote on it. After a period of tossing ideas around (the brainstorming period ends on 18th of December), Triton will collect the most interesting and popular ideas and prepare a number of sample handsets based on our project theme and given suggestions. Once completed (since this is very busy time for Steinhart, we can't even predict when it can be), those layouts will be presented for everyone to review. Please understand, that we cannot incorporate ideas, that are obviously against the theme we selected, even though they might gather some support.

In the second step of this, we will review the handsets, do some quick changes based on the feedback they receive and proceed to the final vote.

GUIDELINES:
    In order to avoid complete chaos, and to make every participant’s proposal easy to follow, please observe the following guidelines when contributing to this thread.

PLAN FIRST, THEN POST.
    Take some time and carefully think about what you want the handset to look like. Which elements are important to you? Write them all down, or prepare a mock-up using them, and then present it in ONE post using the title “MY PROPOSAL”.

TWO PER CUSTOMER.

Only one list or mock-up per participant and one possible update later (in separate post), please! Why? There are a number of reasons: we want to avoid the inevitable flood of thrown-against-the-wall ideas; we need to keep this thread organized so that Triton can use the ideas; and mostly because we want as many participants as possible to have a chance to contribute their own ideas - we don't want to see this thread monopolized by a small minority of the more vocal participants.

READ AND VOTE.

Read the proposals of the other participants that are posted here, and if you see one that you really like and think it should be used for our handset, click on the post’s “Like” button. Ideas with the most “Likes” will be the ones used by Triton.

Please don’t use the “Like” button in this thread unless it’s to indicate a handset proposal you would like to see used.

Also, likes given to a post that is not marked as PROPOSAL will not be counted.

Please note that the first post of this thread – this post – will be the one used to display the sample handsets prepared by Triton.

And finally, remember that this thread and design step only concerns the handset. Please stay on topic. Luminescent material, dial wording, the actual typeface used for its components along with other elements of the dial will have their own design threads and are not the subject of this thread.
    Last edited by CzechMate; December 8th, 2015 at 19:19.
    Okapi001 likes this.
    Join our great project! Click this link and apply: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f521/pr...n-1246450.html

Re: Design Thread 9: Handset

Dear participants, it is very important, that you are friendly, polite, open minded and FOLLOW the rules, since Uwe will be away for two weeks completely without internet access (except for a satellite internet - didn't know you were going to Mars, Uwe ) and therefore we are very limited regarding moderation of this thread. I know we all are very mature and responsible people, but when the design discussion gets heated up, we sometimes tend to unsheathe and our eyes get all bloody, so please no heated up posts...

THANK YOU!
    Join our great project! Click this link and apply: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f521/pr...n-1246450.html

My suggestion.
    Name:  MI25154_HR.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  657.5 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would like to see a handset that is skeletal in the body so as not to block the GMT dial & hand.

Skeletal hands and good lume are not compatible. I much prefer good lume.

I was wondering if we would be discussing not just the handset shape but also the material. I ask because I was hoping to match handset material to the bezel, specifically bronze hands to match the bronze bezel.

I too would prefer lots of lume for our handset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----
    Cheers!
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Okapi001 View Post
    Skeletal hands and good lume are not compatible. I much prefer good lume.
    Well, we could do something in between. Not my proposal, but simply for illustrative purposes. This may be beyond budget though (I have no idea about cost of hands):Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1448769058208.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  14.6 KB

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by docjoe View Post
    I was wondering if we would be discussing not just the handset shape but also the material. I ask because I was hoping to match handset material to the bezel, specifically bronze hands to match the bronze bezel.

I too would prefer lots of lume for our handset.

Hmm. I vaguely recall discussions about bezel material but don't recall a bronze bezel being confirmed. I may well be wrong. However, won't it be DLC in any event?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Hmm. I vaguely recall discussions about bezel material but don't recall a bronze bezel being confirmed. I may well be wrong. However, won't it be DLC in any event?

The bezel material is still a topic to be discussed. I was wondering if we are discussing hand material in addition to the style.

-----
    Cheers!
    Joe

How about a hand like in B&R, big and sharp and have plenty of room for lume as well.

Name:  11410759_778449898967541_2127760060_n.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  60.0 KB

Anyway, shouldn't we choose the hands from Steinhart library or are we free to design our own hand style?

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information