OLD THREAD - Project THOR - The GIFT Thread
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: OLD THREAD - Project THOR - The GIFT Thread

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Long Island, NY a.k.a. .....................Strong Island

Gift OLD THREAD - Project THOR - The GIFT Thread

As I'm sure most of our members are aware of, the recent case discussion and debate about changing votes and such has caused some to be a bit put off.

While I believe in freedom of speech and support for and debate over our preferences it upset me to see a few people even thinking of leaving the project as that was never my intention.

If someone wants to leave because they don't care for the direction the project is going in that is their freedom. But if they want to leave because I may directly or indirectly be part of the issue then I feel the need to say something.

I want to apologize to all who view my comments as offensive or bullying in any way shape or form.

I do believe we ALL have the right to speak our mind, to campaign for our choices, and to repeat ourselves as much as we see fit as long as it is not in a way that uses offensive language or directly and purposefully is intent to antagonize or insult someone else.

Having said the above, I would like to make a personal contribution to our project as a gesture of good will to all and to express my unselfish dedication to this project.

It is my pleasure to offer this gift to all eligible members. You will receive one for each watch you purchase so if you purchase 2 watches you will receive 2 gifts.

I plan to speak with Gunter first and holefully ship these to him so he can include one with each Limited Edition Box treatment.

I believe this will look great inside the box and go well with our theme...

I hope everyone likes this idea and feels it's a nice touch.

Name:  IMG_20150416_102159.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  1.07 MB

This is a picture of one that I currently have on my key ring.
    Last edited by Uwe W.; April 22nd, 2015 at 22:50.

Re: General Discussion Thread

Thank you John! What an extraordinarily kind gesture. It is a privilege to work with you on this project my friend.

Thats a fine gesture! I find everything you have done to be in the spirit of fun and entertainment, even when we have been on different sides of an issue. I mean no disrespect to anyone has been offended or upset, Im just giving my opinion and how I feel!
    noregrets likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JSal View Post
    As I'm sure most of our members are aware of, the recent case discussion and debate about changing votes and such has caused some to be a bit put off.

While I believe in freedom of speech and support for and debate over our preferences it upset me to see a few people even thinking of leaving the project as that was never my intention.

If someone wants to leave because they don't care for the direction the project is going in that is their freedom. But if they want to leave because I may directly or indirectly be part of the issue then I feel the need to say something.

I want to apologize to all who view my comments as offensive or bullying in any way shape or form.

I do believe we ALL have the right to speak our mind, to campaign for our choices, and to repeat ourselves as much as we see fit as long as it is not in a way that uses offensive language or directly and purposefully is intent to antagonize or insult someone else.

Having said the above, I would like to make a personal contribution to our project as a gesture of good will to all and to express my unselfish dedication to this project.

It is my pleasure to offer this gift to all eligible members. You will receive one for each watch you purchase so if you purchase 2 watches you will receive 2 gifts.

I plan to speak with Gunter first and holefully ship these to him so he can include one with each Limited Edition Box treatment.

I believe this will look great inside the box and go well with our theme...

I hope everyone likes this idea and feels it's a nice touch.

This is a picture of one that I currently have on my key ring.

Truly generous, perfect addition to the package. I also agree that as much campaigning as the individual deems necessary is appropriate. Just as long as we respect other peoples' opinions as well. Also, please don't think I believe you were bullying, however I felt others may have seen it differently.
    noregrets likes this.

Maybe Uwe can start a separate thread for this because as I am looking into bulk purchase I am finding that I can have one side read "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" And possibly have the other side custom embroidered.

I'm thinking we can have the Steinhart Name and Crown logo (I'd ask permission from Gunter first) and possible the words "Project Thor Limited Edition" or whatever name we finally come up with for the watch.

Just some food for thought...

Uwe, CzechMate, what are your thoughts?

Members suggestions are welcome too on what we might like to see on the opposite side should I go that route.
    Last edited by JSal; April 16th, 2015 at 17:59.
    noregrets likes this.

Maybe Uwe can start a separate thread for this because as I am looking into bulk purchase I am finding that I can have one side read "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" And possibly have the other side custom embroidered.

I'm thinking we can have the Steinhart Name and Crown logo (I'd ask permission from Gunter first) and possible the words "Project Thor Limited Edition" or whatever name we finally come up with for the watch.

Members suggestions are welcome too on what we might like to see on the opposite side should I go that route.
    You, Sir, are a gentleman.
    It's a great idea you have here, and your generous offer is a class act.
    Thank you!
    noregrets likes this.

Class act John, and I really like the idea as it does fit with our theme. Glad to collaborate passionately with all here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    noregrets likes this.
    The collection:
    Tudor Pelaogs, Omega Seamaster Professional, Sinn 856 UTC S, 1968-70 Strela Sekonda, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Christopher Ward Single Pusher

Military Collection:
    Elgin A-11, Seiko 6105-8119, Marathon GG-W-113

Sentimental Stuff:

1925 Hamilton cal. 912 pocket watch, ESQ Filmore, Hamilton Khaki Field, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr Premium

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgC-88AiluUdd6imwiENLYA

I'm loving everyone's responses and they are very kind.
    I feel that this is giving the project a nice warm and fuzzy feeling again and that was my mission.
    noregrets likes this.

Inspired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    noregrets likes this.

No man, you've given us all a warm fuzzy feeling John. Thanks for your thoughtful and generous offer pal! Greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Watchfreek; April 16th, 2015 at 18:54.
    noregrets likes this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information