OLD THREAD - Vote Thread 15 - The Lume
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: OLD THREAD - Vote Thread 15 - The Lume

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Pen OLD THREAD - Vote Thread 15 - The Lume

Dear friends,

first of all, sorry for the change in the design procedure. We will not use the procedure as described in the Design Thread 13, but we will instead use different approach:
    1. We will decide what lume we want
    2. We will then use our court designer to prepare professional final dial designs
    3. We will discuss them
    4. We will vote on them and that will be the end of dial design

So, as you can see, because the dial finishing is extremely difficult task, we will rely on the skills of Triton entirely. I hope you understand why: the creative process is very personal thing and Triton was not able to make something good looking out of our proposals, so lets wait what he comes up with on his own. I bet it will look good and it will be a coherent and professional finishing touch to the masterpiece we have already created.

So, here are the three lume options to start with:

1. BGW9

Name:  ACW111_BGW9.jpg
Views: 1526
Size:  222.5 KB

2. C3 - the brightest lume available

Name:  ACW111_C3.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  224.1 KB

3. Old radium - the vintage style

Name:  ACW111_OldRadium.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  233.1 KB

The vote will begin on Saturday... So get ready!

This time, I will only create one thread, this one... You all know how it works, so feel free to comment if necessary, and of course use this thread for any comments regarding the vote - problems etc...

VOTE STARTS ON SATURDAY 4th of June!

Last edited by CzechMate; September 4th, 2016 at 15:21. Reason: Added the correct OldRadium picture...
    Join our great project! Click this link and apply: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f521/pr...n-1246450.html

Re: Vote Thread 15 - The Lume

Oh man, that's a tough one. Love the clean black/white look of #1 but really like the bright lame as well from #2
    #3 is definitively out for me.

Torn between #1 and #2 - good that I have the time to sleep over it a few times LOL
    Aid1987 likes this.

like nice watches, check out my profile to see which ones.

Yahoo, I love a new thread! This is a toughie. I like the look of the old radium in daylight, but prefer the colour and glow of bgw9. I don't really like the colour of c3 at all, but want the brightest glow. This will need some careful thought.

***EDIT***
    ***RESULTS OF CAREFUL THOUGHT***

Ok. I really like old radium, but I have a couple already and it's a bit 'done to death'

It's between bgw9 and c3. I like the black/white/blue combo more than the c3, but I like the brightness of the c3.

So what is most important? I figured I won't actually be flying my 1960's Whittle powered, jet at night all that often. I will mostly look at it in daylight or on my, nightstand so the slightly less bright Lume will not cause me an issue. So I'm going for the one I like the look of the most.

#1 it is.
    Last edited by Macdaz; May 31st, 2016 at 21:27. Reason: careful thought update.
    CzechMate and shanty like this.

"A problem shared is a problem two people have got." - Arthur Daley

Collection In order of acquisition: Omega SMP 300 | Accurist |TW Steel | Breil | Victorinox Groundforce | Orient Mako |Orient Mako XL | Steinhart OVM | Suunto ambit 2R | Smiths Everest (Timefactors) | Christopher Ward C60 Trident 600 Pro | Christopher Ward C3 Malvern Chrono | Seiko Recraft SNKN01 | Christopher Ward C8 Pilot Mk2 Vintage U-2, And that's it. NO MORE. Vostok Komandirskie 1965 | Laco Aachen | Christopher Ward C8 Flyer Mk1 | Seiko SRP315K1 Monster | Christopher Ward C7 Automatic | Steinhart Aviation Automatic | Christopher Ward C65 GMT.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Long Island, NY a.k.a. .....................Strong Island

I'm very unhappy about this Frankie and I think you know why...

It has taken a good bit of my enthusiasm out of me.

I can't and won't say anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JSal View Post
    I'm very unhappy about this Frankie and I think you know why...

It has taken a good bit of my enthusiasm out of me.

I can't and won't say anymore.
    Well, I know how much emotions and efforts you put into this project, believe me, my best interest lies in the success of this project, I don't want to flush it down the toilet, so please try to understand and be positive, be the one who drives this project forward... Thanks!
    JSal and WTM like this.
    Join our great project! Click this link and apply: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f521/pr...n-1246450.html

Quote Originally Posted by Macdaz View Post
    Yahoo, I love a new thread! This is a toughie. I like the look of the old radium in daylight, but prefer the colour and glow of bgw9. I don't really like the colour of c3 at all, but want the brightest glow. This will need some careful thought.
    Always positive! THX!

On the other hand, I like the C3 a lot, I don't know why, but to me it seems that the pure white BGW9 looks to sterile to me... But I could live with any of the 3...
    Aid1987 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by koolpep View Post
    Oh man, that's a tough one. Love the clean black/white look of #1 but really like the bright lame as well from #2
    #3 is definitively out for me.

Torn between #1 and #2 - good that I have the time to sleep over it a few times LOL
    Love the clear black/white of #1 because it looks like as an old cockpit instrument!
    And BGW9 has 95% of the brightness from C3!
    maxwellllll likes this.

Irritatingly, none of the pics are showing up on crapatalk, while for some reason the reply function isn't working on the website for me.

Still, Thor will not be delayed! So, some immediate reactions and a couple of questions.

Questions first: I saw the post on the other thread re. the lume on the sub-dials. I get the point for the numbers, less so for the sub-dial lines. Assuming this is a non-negotiable issue, is it worth us re-visiting the sub-dial designs to allow for some lume?

Second q: presumably we can lume the sub-dial hands?

Third q: we've got C3 and old radium as green - I thought we could choose the colour or did I misunderstand that?

Fourth q: Lume aside, presumably the sub-dials will be printed the same colour as the lumed areas (e.g. if we go old radium, I wouldn't want white sub-dials)?

Now, immediate reactions.

I prefer the legibility of pure white on black and that blue (BGW9) is just oh-so-sweet. My fave by a country mile. Look at it. Just look at it.

C3 I guess I could live with, but it's not singing to me. (But see q 3 above.)

Old radium. A toughie. I want to love it. I'm not sure I do. It bothers me on my O1V, although admittedly that is also because the grey dial doesn't do it for me. More than any of the others I feel this one really changes the nature of the watch - to my mind it drops it back an era - so needs careful thought.

Gah, no chance of photo-realistic pics of these 3?

Whatever the answer, loving how this watch is developing. Thanks CM and Triton!

B
    Last edited by Baldrick; May 31st, 2016 at 21:42.

Just to add, I have Bgw9 on both my Kiga and my Titan. Can't say I've ever had an issue with the lume. Both glow like torches and, later on, well...I'm asleep, so I don't care. I'm travelling for the next week and bit otherwise I would have times the lume.

Black and white of w9 wins for me. Would be ok with c3, prefer black and white though.
    shanty likes this.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information