OLD THREAD - Vote Thread 7: Dial Shade
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: OLD THREAD - Vote Thread 7: Dial Shade

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Pen OLD THREAD - Vote Thread 7: Dial Shade

Design Vote 7: “Dial Shade”

This thread is now closed.

Please use the dial shade design thread to discuss the results of this vote. Thank you.

Original post text:

It’s unlikely that we’ll have an easier design element to vote on than this one!

This vote will decide whether the Project THOR watch will have a light, or a dark coloured dial, which means there will only be two options for you to choose from.

If you haven’t done so already, please read Design Thread 7 for all the pertinent details concerning this vote.

Here are the options that will be presented in the vote form:
    1. Dark shade
    2. Light shade

Pretty simple stuff, n’est-ce pas?

Finally, here’s our tedious reminder that this thread is NOT for the continued discussion of the dial shade (as if anyone wanted to discuss it further anyway). Please use the appropriate Design Thread for such posts. This thread is strictly for comments concerning the vote itself – or for anyone who is experiencing problems with the voting process to let us know.

Online vote forms will be sent out to everyone over the next 24 hours (by 16 May). CzechMate has been impressed that everyone has been entering their UI numbers correctly, but we still have the odd person who is applying the same rank number to more than one option. Come on guys – let’s go for a perfect vote this time around!

This vote will run for SEVEN days (from 15 – 22 May), or less if all eligible votes are received before the end of the voting period (wouldn’t that be nice?). The vote results will be tabulated and posted in this thread upon its completion and in the project summary post of the FAQ thread.

IMPORTANT! This vote is mandatory and WILL count against your participation count in the project.

The Usual Fine Print Concerning Our Voting Process (please read – at least once):

Over the next 24 hours a vote form will be sent to the email address you used to register for the project. Please look for this email, fill out the form completely – and accurately – and then submit it. You will need to use the Unique Identifier (UI) number that was sent to you in a WUS PM by CzechMate when you first registered for the project. Please contact CzechMate if you do not receive your vote form by 16 May at 21:00 GMT (and after you've checked your spam/junk folders).

An option that receives the majority of the votes (>51%) will be considered the winner.

All voting for Project THOR will use the STV system, which allows a person to rank all options in order of their preference. In other words, if your first choice doesn't get enough votes to win, your vote will automatically roll over to your second choice, and if necessary (and applicable), your third choice and so on. This is an excellent system, one that we used to great success for our last Steinhart project watch. We suggest that you search Wikipedia for “single transferable vote” if you would like more detailed information on how the STV works.

Once the vote has concluded, and the results have been posted, those who are unsatisfied by its outcome have two options: They can either notify us that they wish to leave the project, or they can accept the result and continue on. There will no option to debate a vote result or to repeat it. If you decide to leave the project we would appreciate that you immediately notify us so that your position on the registration list can be given to the next person on the waiting list.
    Last edited by Uwe W.; May 24th, 2015 at 19:44.

Re: Vote Thread 7: Dial Shade

I wish everyone votes as quickly as they get their ballots sent to their respective inboxes, or at least let the coordinators know they are no longer interested, rather than waiting t get three strikes and hold up the vote and count.

I, for one, am very glad the three strikes rule is in play, or else we would be waiting for the same guys to NOT vote.

Sorry, rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.7Tallroader View Post
    I wish everyone votes as quickly as they get their ballots sent to their respective inboxes, or at least let the coordinators know they are no longer interested, rather than waiting t get three strikes and hold up the vote and count.

I, for one, am very glad the three strikes rule is in play, or else we would be waiting for the same guys to NOT vote.

Sorry, rant over.
    I think we all wish the same thing, but the Catch-22 is that someone who can't even be bothered to fill in a vote ballot or contribute to a project they signed up for is even less likely to send a PM to us.

As for the three strikes rule, eliminating tardy and non-voters is one side benefit, but the main reason was the nightmare we faced during the last project when we found out that there were a large number of dormant participants who had no intention of actually paying for their watch. Trying to contact each to confirm that they were no longer interested was a big undertaking, one that we swore would not happen this time around.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe W. View Post
    I think we all wish the same thing, but the Catch-22 is that someone who can't even be bothered to fill in a vote ballot or contribute to a project they signed up for is even less likely to send a PM to us.

As for the three strikes rule, eliminating tardy and non-voters is one side benefit, but the main reason was the nightmare we faced during the last project when we found out that there were a large number of dormant participants who had no intention of actually paying for their watch. Trying to contact each to confirm that they were no longer interested was a big undertaking, one that we swore would not happen this time around.
    I guess, if they can't even be bothered to participate, why even bother to send a PM to let the mods know they're no longer interested. Like I said earlier, I am glad there is a mechanism in place to weed out those who no longer wish to participate. I still think it is common decency to at least let the other people in the group know. But like they say about common sense also applies. "it is not that common."

Now I know I'm off topic. Just waiting for my ballot to arrive

Vote Thread 7: Dial Shade

I'm really enjoying the voting process. Can't grasp why people lose interest. It's a pretty unique opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    asrar.merchant likes this.

Long Island, NY a.k.a. .....................Strong Island

Haven't received a vote form as of yet, but there is still time as it is only 8:30 am on the 16th presently here in New York.

I'm out of town for the weekend, with only phone/Tapatalk for company so I'll vote on Monday when I am back home. Wow spend 2 days relaxing in Barcelona and not only is the design thread opened but also the vote thread! :)

The collection:
    Tudor Pelaogs, Omega Seamaster Professional, Sinn 856 UTC S, 1968-70 Strela Sekonda, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Christopher Ward Single Pusher

Military Collection:
    Elgin A-11, Seiko 6105-8119, Marathon GG-W-113

Sentimental Stuff:

1925 Hamilton cal. 912 pocket watch, ESQ Filmore, Hamilton Khaki Field, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr Premium

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgC-88AiluUdd6imwiENLYA

Quote Originally Posted by ciclismosam View Post
    I'm out of town for the weekend, with only phone/Tapatalk for company so I'll vote on Monday when I am back home. Wow spend 2 days relaxing in Barcelona and not only is the design thread opened but also the vote thread! :)

You can vote via phone. That's how I voted last time..

-----
    Cheers!
    Joe

I'm pretty sure that the vote forms have not been sent out yet.

Please keep in mind that CzechMate and I live on two different continents, and sometimes it can be a bit of a challenge coordinating our efforts given the time zone differences and our day-to-day schedules. For example, he gave this vote the green light just before heading to bed last night, and I quickly posted the vote thread right after, just before heading out for the evening because I knew that I wouldn't have time until now to log in again. Compounding this, CzechMate is a hyper-busy guy. However, he's extremely dedicated and I know that as soon as he finds some time he'll fire off the vote forms to us.
    JFLUX13 and asrar.merchant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe W. View Post
    (...) However, he's extremely dedicated and I know that as soon as he finds some time he'll fire off the vote forms to us.
    Besides, he has to sober up after the Czech Republic's defeat to Canada in the semi-finals of the World Hockey Championships...
    ciclismosam likes this.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information