OLD THREAD - Vote Thread 9c: Sub-Dial Hands
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: OLD THREAD - Vote Thread 9c: Sub-Dial Hands

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Pen OLD THREAD - Vote Thread 9c: Sub-Dial Hands

VOTE HAS BEEN CLOSED!
    Winner of the vote is: Keep the original sub-dial hands as per design #6

We’ve now reached the point that we can choose the sub-dial hands design that will be used for the Project THOR watch.

This thread is an exception amongst vote threads: you can discuss the sub-dial hands in this thread, BUT: In case you have problem with vote, or you need to share something important regarding the vote, please mark your post in largest possible font: "VOTE COMMENT".

Online vote forms will be sent out to everyone over the next 48 hours.

This vote will run for SEVEN days, or less if all eligible votes are received before the end of the voting period (we can dream, can’t we?). The vote results will be tabulated and posted in this thread upon its completion and in the project summary post of the FAQ thread (actually unless Uwe returns, I cannot update those myself).

IMPORTANT! This vote IS mandatory and WILL count against your participation in the project should you fail to vote.

Contenders in this vote:

Name:  THOR_hands_lay1_1+2_B.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  149.5 KB
    Name:  THOR_hands_lay1_3+4_B.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  148.7 KB
    Name:  THOR_hands_lay1_5+6_B.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  150.8 KB

Do not forget: We are voting on the SUB DIAL hands, i.e. the POWER RESERVE hand and GMT hand!
    The winner of this vote will be paired with Main Hands from design #6!

The Usual Fine Print Concerning Our Voting Process (please read at least once if you haven’t already):

Over the next 48 hours a vote form will be sent to the email address you used to register for the project. Please look for this email, fill out the form completely – and accurately – and then submit it. You will need to use the Unique Identifier (UI) number that was sent to you in a WUS PM by CzechMate when you first registered for the project. Please contact CzechMate if you do not receive your vote form by 13 February at 21:00 GMT (and after you've checked your spam/junk folders).

An option that receives the majority of the votes (>51%) will be considered the winner.

All voting for Project THOR will use the STV system, which allows a person to rank all options in order of their preference. In other words, if your first choice doesn't get enough votes to win, your vote will automatically roll over to your second choice, and if necessary (and applicable), your third choice and so on. This is an excellent system, one that we used to great success for our last Steinhart project watch. We suggest that you search Wikipedia for “single transferable vote” if you would like more detailed information on how the STV works.

Once the vote has concluded, and the results have been posted, those who are unsatisfied by its outcome have two options: They can either notify us that they wish to leave the project, or they can accept the result and continue on. There will no option to debate a vote result or to repeat it. If you decide to leave the project we would appreciate that you immediately notify us so that your position on the registration list can be given to the next person on the waiting list.
    Last edited by CzechMate; February 27th, 2016 at 16:15.
    Join our great project! Click this link and apply: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f521/pr...n-1246450.html

Re: Vote Thread 9c: Sub-Dial Hands

Wow, we are firing along - love it!

VOTE COMMENT

CM, assume we are voting on the two sub-dials separately, rather than as a package? I think we need to be able to mix and match.

General thoughts:

The GMT in 1 is, in my view, still the best. I actually don't mind 6 either, but feel that the mixture of point and circle will look awkward when the pointer is not on the GMT dial (i.e. Pointing at nothing). In contrast, the design of 1 is such that neither half out-weighs the other. It's ace.

Am less sure of the PR though. Will give it some thought.

Cheers,

B

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

We are voting on the whole sub-dial handset. We are not mixing and matching separate hands...

If I may, I think the sub-dial hands were proposed by Triton since they are perfect match for each main handset. If you do not feel very strong need to change the sub-dial hands, don't do it. We don't have to change it, just because there is a vote about it...

IMHO, the subdial hands in #6 are perfect for #6 main hands. I will vote for them for sure. I don't think it would look awkward when the pointer is not on the GMT dial...
    Join our great project! Click this link and apply: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f521/pr...n-1246450.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Personally I'll be voting in #5 sub dial hands. With the right application of lume I think these hands combined with the smaller dials would create less clutter and make it easier to read. I also think it would be more aesthetically pleasing as it would block the least amount of information on the sub dials.

VOTE FORMS sent!

Long Island, NY a.k.a. .....................Strong Island

My Sub-Dial vote is in and the Sub-Dial hands that Triton designed to go with these main hands are Perfect. No need for change. They are also the nicest looking of the bunch. The others are just blah...
    Last edited by JSal; February 21st, 2016 at 23:28.
    CzechMate and Macdaz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aid1987 View Post
    Personally I'll be voting in #5 sub dial hands. With the right application of lume I think these hands combined with the smaller dials would create less clutter and make it easier to read. I also think it would be more aesthetically pleasing as it would block the least amount of information on the sub dials.
    Are you sure? The hands in #6 block only the information you DO NOT WANT to see! For example, if it is 10PM in your second time zone, the GMT hand blocks 10AM, so that you do not get confused! It is actually very clever design! When it is 10AM, the 10AM is inside the circle!

I would be very disappointed if the sub dial hands are changed for something so plain as #5... I would be OK with 1 or 3, but definitely not #5. #4 is the worst, it blocks crucial info (imagine that it is 4PM (16:00) - the subdial hand blocks 16!!!...
    JSal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JSal View Post
    My Sub-Dial vote is in and the Sub-Dial hands that Triton designed to go with these main hands are Perfect. No need for change. They Re also the nicest looking of the bunch. The others are just blah...
    Fastest as usual!

EDIT: or maybe NOT! Wow, there is 5 responses already! I will see in the excel sheet who was fastest...
    Last edited by CzechMate; February 21st, 2016 at 23:21.
    JSal likes this.

Long Island, NY a.k.a. .....................Strong Island

Quote Originally Posted by CzechMate View Post
    Fastest as usual!

EDIT: or maybe NOT! Wow, there is 5 responses already! I will see in the excel sheet who was fastest...
    I could only respond as fast as and as soon as I receive the vote form.

I received it and I responded and took action immediately sir.

Thank you for moving things along and spearheading this project on your own.

I know Uwe was a big asset and now you have all the responsibility.

My praise to you for all your efforts.
    CzechMate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CzechMate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aid1987 View Post
    Are you sure? The hands in #6 block only the information you DO NOT WANT to see! For example, if it is 10PM in your second time zone, the GMT hand blocks 10AM, so that you do not get confused! It is actually very clever design! When it is 10AM, the 10AM is inside the circle!

I would be very disappointed if the sub dial hands are changed for something so plain as #5... I would be OK with 1 or 3, but definitely not #5. #4 is the worst, it blocks crucial info (imagine that it is 4PM (16:00) - the subdial hand blocks 16!!!...
    I see what you're saying now. I think j just prefer the more minimalistic look to be honest. I'm going to sit with it for a while before I make my mind up.
    CzechMate likes this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information