Maurice Lacroix is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year and it is easy to see that there is a good momentum pushing the ML watches towards success again. This company floundered through last few years, but made smart turnaround with Sandro Reginelli as the Head of product development, and Hartmut Kraft leading grass root campaign as the President of DKSH. Note: Sandro has now been promoted to lead the luxury division of Davidoff.
Hartmut, aka, Mr. H, spoke to us about the past, present, and future of Maurice Lacroix:
No. 2 Gravity ”40TH ANNIVERSARY” Limited Edition
This year Maurice Lacroix combines many of its innovations in a limited edition of the Masterpiece Gravity featuring a stunning blue dial, produced to celebrate the brand’s 40th anniversary.
The Masterpiece Gravity 40th features many of the remarkable attributes synonymous with Maurice Lacroix including a manufacture movement, a silicium assortment, an off-center hour and minutes display, striking use of color, all stylishly presented in an eye-catching POWERLITE case.
- 43 mm Anthracite Powerlite alloy case
- “Box” sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Screwed case back with wide sapphire crystal
- Water-resistant to 50 m/5 atm
- Blue lacquered with rhodied indexes and logo, rhodied minutery and external second.
- 2N Gold plated or rhodied hours, minutes and seconds hands
- Genuine black soft touch crocodile-skin strap
- Folding steel clasp with push buttons
- Satin and polished finishing
- Black PVD Buckle
Automatic calibre ML230 Assortment and oscillator ML10
– Hours, minutes by off-centered hands at 2 o’clock
– Small second by off-centered hand at 4 o’clock
– Visible ML assortment and oscillator between 6 and 8 o’clock
VIBRATION: 18 000 alt/h, 2.5 Hz
POWER RESERVE: 50 hours
ADJUSTMENTS: 5 positions when fully wound and 2 positions after 24 hours
DECORATIONS: Classic execution: Rhodium coated bridges, with “Cotes de Geneve“, circular, sandblasted finishing and diamond cut edges on all bridges.
Modern execution: Black DLC coated bridges, with vertical “Cotes de Geneve“, sandblasted finishing and diamond cut edges on all bridges.
As part of the ML transformation, frequent use of silicium and powerlite is pushing the watchmaking into a new era. Here are some of the other models which have come to define the brand recently:
Pontos S chronograph
Pontos S Diver
Pontos S Diver
Pontos S Regatta with forged carbon case
After meeting with Maurice Lacroix team, I think there may be a good possibility for Watchuseek to collaborate on a project together. Stay tuned.......