Baselworld 2015: Tudor Pelagos, in-house caliber and emblematic blue
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Baselworld 2015: Tudor Pelagos, in-house caliber and emblematic blue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Watchuseek Journalist Bhanu Chopra's Avatar

Baselworld 2015: Tudor Pelagos, in-house caliber and emblematic blue

The TUDOR Pelagos is undoubtedly the most complete tool watch on the market, one that is true to its history, which is populated by professionals toiling in a marine environment. Along with the North Flag line, the 2015 version of the Pelagos is the first to include a TUDOR-made caliber. Needless to say, this in-house movement was conceived right from the start for use in a vast array of timepieces. The techno-professional finishing leans strongly in favor of matt and, though large sanded surfaces, expresses functional values that are also visible in the watch's aesthetics.

Name:  25600TB TUDOR PELAGOS BLUE PACKSHOT.jpg
Views: 4790
Size:  103.3 KB

This technical update of the TUDOR Pelagos, which comes in a new combination of colors for the dial, bezel and rubber bracelet, will inevitably elevate all other models of the family to the rank of collector's item for the savvy investor. The original matt black is now joined by a version in matt blue that connects emblematically back to the TUDOR diver's watches of the late 1960s. It's the color reserved for the frogmen of the French navy. In addition to PELAGOS, the dial also mentions "CHRONOMETER OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED." The watch is waterproof to 500 meters thanks to a helium escape valve, which regulates decompressions from alternating deep-sea dives and periods in the chamber.

Name:  25600TB TUDOR PELAGOS PAIR SAND.jpg
Views: 4498
Size:  175.9 KB

With the Pelagos, emphasis was placed on readability, since the diver's life depends on it under water. Lots of luminous material was used and contrasts were heightened. The blue luminescence is crucial, since it is the last color frequency distinguishable by the human eye deep under water. And any confusion between the hour and minute hands was eliminated by using the dial and hands configuration known as the "snowflake," which first appeared in 1969. The unidirectionally rotating titanium bezel, a lighter material that is more resistant to salt water, features a ceramic disc with luminescent markers. As maximum technicity demands, the bracelet features a patented folding clasp with an auto-adjustable spring mechanism to optimize the fit on the wrist if and when pressure varies. The second bracelet supplied with each timepiece also boasts an ingenious extension system that is easy to use.

Pelagos reference numbers 25600TB (blue) et 25600TN (black), technical specifications

Case
    Monobloc titanium middle case, satin-finished titanium, diameter 42 mm, case back in 316L stainless steel, helium escape valve at 9 o’clock, titanium unidirectional rotatable bezel graduated over 60 minutes with ceramic matt blue or black disc and graduations with white luminescent material, screw-down crown, triple waterproofness system to 500 meters (1640 feet), scratch-resistant and anti-reflective sapphire crystal.

TUDOR movement
    Caliber MT5612, Manufacture TUDOR, self-winding mechanical movement with bidirectional rotor system (about 70 hours power reserve), 28,800 vph (4 Hz), Swiss Chronometer officially certified by the COSC (Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute), diameter 31.8 mm, height 6.5 mm, 28 stones, sweep minutes and seconds, instant date with rapid correction without non-correction range, stop-seconds for precise time setting, power reserve indicator via disc, variable inertia balance, micro-adjustment by screw, non-magnetic silicon balance spring.

Bracelets:
    Titanium, satin finish, folding clasp and safety catch in 316L stainless steel with extension system developed and patented by TUDOR (maximum extension of 4 mm in increments of 2 mm, the system allows an additional extension of 14 mm and an unfolding diving mechanism providing an additional extension of 25 mm). Comes with a second bracelet in blue or black rubber, titanium ardillon buckle.

Dial
    Blue or black, matt finish, white hour markers with white luminescent material, blue or black flange with white minute markers, white hour, minute and second hands with white luminescent material.
    Mike2, JohnF, LTH and 1 others like this.

Re: Baselworld 2015: Tudor Pelagos, in-house caliber and emblematic blue

YES YES and YES! This is epic and the price point staying close to the current gen, brilliant move. I cant wait for this to hit the market. I just wish they couldve fought the urge to print so much text like Rolex, but it goes with the family I guess.
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.

FANTASTIC!

Now the Pelagos is definitely on my radar!
    Current Collection: Rolex Oyster Perpetual, Omega Constellation "Manhattan", Tudor Prince Oysterdate, Rado True, Rado Original, Mido All Dial 90th Anniversary COSC, Longines HydroConquest, Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chrono, Roamer Searock, Poljot Sturmanskie, Vostok Amphibia Ministry, Frederique Constant Persuasion Chrono, Movado Museum Watch Automatic, Movado Series 800 Diver, Tissot T-Touch Trekking, Tissot T-Touch Classic, Victorinox Summit, Citizen Eco-Drive Chrono, Citizen Eco-Drive Super Titanium, Citizen Wingman VI, Seiko 5 Military, Seiko 5 Sports Diver, Casio G-Shock DW5600-E... and counting!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In one day, Tudor went from being a very questionable value for money proposition to being a potentially very good value for money proposition. The brand definitely has my attention...
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

I had never looked too closely at the Pelagos...but then I saw this blue and now I'm staring. What a striking dial.

Watchuseek Journalist Bhanu Chopra's Avatar

George, it most certainly is striking! I will be posting live pictures and report on Saturday from Tudor booth

Quote Originally Posted by gward4 View Post
    I had never looked too closely at the Pelagos...but then I saw this blue and now I'm staring. What a striking dial.
    DragonDan and gward4 like this.

Definitely a hit.
    Pierre Jardin likes this.

whats with the wall of text? ruins it imo
    utinaturen and OmegaCosmicMan like this.
    I like G-Shoc....I mean Gulfmans

Quote Originally Posted by arlee View Post
    whats with the wall of text? ruins it imo
    Agree. Prefer the cleaner dial, which I am happy and proud to have in my collection.
    2535.80 and utinaturen like this.
    What you gotta do, you gotta do!!!

Collection :
    Omega, Rolex, Blancpain, Zenith, Tudor, IWC

I like it and agree on a cleaner dial. Does anyone know if the entire movement is made from scratch or is it an improved ETA?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information