Nordic Seasons - Gold with new damascus steel caliber
Baselworld 2015 Update
GoS has an agreement with Technotime, of La Chaux-de-Fonds, to use their COSC calibers as a basis for future GoS movements. Nordic Seasons -
Gold will be the first GoS model to be fitted with the new GoS damascus steel movement, which is based on the manually wound TT718. This movement beats at 4Hz (28,800) and has a double barrel to provide the long power reserve of 120 hours, or five days.
GoS will modify the movements by manufacturing and finishing damascus steel bridges from Johan Gustafsson's handforged Damascus steel.
The Nordic Seasons case is designed to provide reflections between the two different materials. The reflections of red gold onto the polished damascus steel is striking and we believe that the Swedish red gold is a perfect companion to the natural contrasts of the hand forged damascus steel. The dial is manufactured from two different Swedish tool steels that are forged together and folded to reach a total of 192 layers before Johan Gustafsson applies his trademark techniques to create the wildflower pattern.
Given the nature of damascus steel, every Nordic Season - Gold is a unique piece and is numbered in production sequence.
● Case: 18K red gold and stainless damascus steel 43mmx10mm (5ATM)
● Lug width: 22mm
● Glass: Flat sapphire glass with double sided AR coating
● Movement: GoS damascus steel caliber based on Technotime TT718 and manufactured to COSC specifications. Bridges manufactured in Sweden from one piece of hand forged damascus steel that has a wood grain pattern. The movement has a center second hand and ticks at 4Hz (28,800) with a 120 hour power reserve.
● Dial: 192 layered steel Damascus steel with a wildflower pattern
● Index ring/rehaut: Solid 18K red gold, shaped and polished by hand, GoS triskele symbol in 18K red gold fitted on dial
● Hands: Solid 18K red gold shaped and polished by hand
● Crown: 9mm in fine grained stainless damascus stainless steel, file worked edge, double gasket crown inset
● Case finishing: Stainless damascus steel, high gloss polished with GoS logo engraved on case side
● Strap: Handcrafted soft nubuck leather (optional Crocodile strap), fitted with GoS gold buckle
● Every watch engraved with its production number
● Five year guarantee
● Individually crafted box in svepask technique of birch wood
● Colored with natural pigments mixed in linseed oil
● Covered with high grade natural wax and polished to a deep finish
Production estimated to start in April 2015