Inspired by racing circuits, the index and details in relief go around the dial like the rumble strips on the sides of the track.
On the first counter, the geographical coordinates of the Raidillon sliding point are indicated as a reference. The circular area at 3 o’clock marks the turn into the famous bend, with the name ‘Raidillon’ and the rumble strips in a contrasting colour. The counter at 6 o’clock reminds us of the Belgian origin of the design, and its ‘Swiss Made’ fabrication. Then the last counter at 9 o’clock on a white background refers to the white circle where racing cars’ numbers were displayed on their doors and bonnets.
The double-depth dial has a circular brushed metal effect on the upper section, with the legendary ‘55’ at 11 o’clock.
2 styles: black and red for fans of classic motor sports, blue and yellow for the modern hybrid new wave.
Limited edition series of 55 masterpieces
- Automatic mechanical Swiss movement. Calibre: Valjoux 7750.
- Raidillon oscillating weight cut in the shape of a steering wheel, visible at the back.
- Water-resistance: 10 ATM
- Stainless steel 42 mm case: 316 L (surgical steel) with back cover affixed by 7 screws. Movement visible at the back of the case.
- Engraved screw-down crown stamped with ‘55’. Two push buttons with ‘Clou de Paris’ effect.
- Wrist strap in anti-allergic eco calf-skin (chrome-free treatment), hand-sewn in Belgium. Folding clasp engraved with the Raidillon logo.
- Price: 2,990 €.