Any issues with receiving audible email notifications?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BarracksSi

Thread: Any issues with receiving audible email notifications?

Any issues with receiving audible email notifications?

Apple Watch Series 5 with OS6.1 & iPhone 11 with iOS 13.2.3

There are times when I would like to receive an audible notification on my watch when I receive new email messages. I am receiving a haptic alert and the red notification alert comes on but I can't receive an audible alert. I have been working with Apple Support but after a week, they have not been able to come up with a resolution for this issue. They believe all the proper levers are thrown in the Settings for both the watch and the iPhone. I'm now in a holding pattern waiting to hear from Apple Engineering. I suppose this could be a hardware issue with the watch or the iPhone or it might be an operating system bug.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Re: Any issues with receiving audible email notifications?

Not here, everything's fine (including AW "0" then 2 then 4, iPhone 5S then SE then 11 Pro, all current OSes). What steps have you tried so far?
    ronalddheld likes this.

Re: Any issues with receiving audible email notifications?

Thanks for the reply. After spending approximately 90 minutes on the phone with level 1 and level 2 Apple Tech Support, I can't recall everything that was tried. I can tell you that I (and Apple) believe all the appropriate iPhone/Apple Watch settings are correct. Specifically, the Notifications settings are correct. Under Notifications, Allow Notifications is checked. Going down one more level the Show Alerts from each email account is on as well as Sound and Haptic. I started out with the Mirror my iPhone selected for mail but we also tried Custom Mail settings but that did not resolve the issue. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but after all the things we tried and all the restarts and re-pairings of my watch, there is just too much to document.

If I read your reply correctly, you indicated that the latest version of Apple Watch you have is Series 4. Perhaps there is an issue with Notifications on the the Series 5. I have been using Apple products since 1985 but it pains me to see Apple's current inability to release a proper operating system upgrade on the first, second, or even third try. Since late September, Apple has released iOS 13/13.1/13.1.1/13.1.2/13.1.3/13.2/13.2.1/13.2.2/13.2.3 for the iPhone. iPadOS is almost as bad and watchOS has had one update to 6.1. There may be something that is not set correctly on my watch or iPhone but I have no idea what it might be. I hope to hear from Apple Engineering next week and will update this thread if I learn anything.

Thread Information