Apple battery power reserve >>>
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Apple battery power reserve >>>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apple battery power reserve >>>

How much are you getting out of your Apple watch, i am thinking one could last 2 days on a full charge is that about right?

Re: Apple battery power reserve >>>

Depends on usage, and especially depends on whether the phone is nearby. Without the phone, an LTE-equipped AW will run its LTE radio, which is probably the biggest battery drain after the heart rate LEDs.

My S4 lasted a good 24-ish hours, dusk-to-dusk, when I purposely left my phone at home during the daytime. With my phone to do the LTE duties, though, the AW is good for a couple days. And in Airplane Mode, it can run for about a week.

My AW3 non-LTE lasts 2 days with normal use, including 30 min/day of exercise tracking. I donít track sleep.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info, i am getting in excess of 24 hours , is that good?

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    Depends on usage, and especially depends on whether the phone is nearby. Without the phone, an LTE-equipped AW will run its LTE radio, which is probably the biggest battery drain after the heart rate LEDs.

My S4 lasted a good 24-ish hours, dusk-to-dusk, when I purposely left my phone at home during the daytime. With my phone to do the LTE duties, though, the AW is good for a couple days. And in Airplane Mode, it can run for about a week.

2 Days seems to be a bout the norm doesn't it.

What functions does Airplane mode disable if turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post

Last edited by WIS_Chronomaster; February 25th, 2019 at 16:53.

Also, does the Airplane mode render the temperature useless and also will the Clock stay correct like will it still be the right date and time after 24 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by WIS_Chronomaster View Post
    Also, does the Airplane mode render the temperature useless and also will the Clock stay correct like will it still be the right date and time after 24 hours?
    I tested mine in Airplane Mode for close to a month to see how accurate its onboard clock really is (it ran about -0.1 sec/week). I also detailed in another thread what worked and what didnít.

To sum up:
    - Timekeeping is fantastic. Itís a thermocompensated, HAQ-quality circuit that doesnít require connecting to Appleís time servers to keep good time. That said, you canít manually change the time, like if you travel, unless you also sync it with your phone. A workaround would be to preload alternate time zones to use as complications.

- Apps that are just extensions of phone apps wont do s...t. Theyíll simply fail to load.

- Apps that are fully native (reside on the watch) are equally, or less, capable depending on whether they need external data. I have a couple games that work fine in Airplane Mode, but other apps, like RadarScope, obviously require fresh data.

- The Weather complications periodically auto-load data for the next 24 hours. This means that, after a day in Airplane Mode, you wonít have any more temperature to display, nor anything else weather related.

- Exercise and Health data are stored on the watch and will load onto your phone when you eventually reconnect later. I donít know if thereís a cap on how much exercise data it will hold, but itís probably a lot since the data itself is pretty lightweight.

Overall, itís not really worth using Airplane Mode unless youíre either on an airplane or you donít want anyone to call or text you. The intent of a smartwatch is to give you discreet notifications and little parcels of data, right?

HAQ and AW moderator

I estimate a year in airplane mode, and your watch might gain or lose a few seconds a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ronalddheld View Post
    I estimate a year in airplane mode, and your watch might gain or lose a few seconds a year.
    A Year??!!?? That seems pretty far out there (for series 3) with all due respect. If I turn the series 3 OFF it might hold charge for 3 months. My Original AW Sapphire might last 3 weeks powered OFF. On in airplane mode seems likely to drain it faster than off.

Regular use about 18 to 60 hours... usually in the 40-50 range.
    Current:
    Apple: Series 3 Edition (ceramic case), Original Stainless / Sapphire Casio: DW1000 (original condition 1982), CFX-200 (Scientific Calc / orig Condition 1983), MDV 106 Diver LH/Orthos: Commander 300 (2017 crowd source) Longines: Legend Diver Omega: Seamaster Ceramic, Speedmaster 2998 LE, Speedmaster X33 Skywalker Rolex: Submariner (116610LN) Seiko: SNAF37 Sportura Sinn: U1 Full Tegiment, U1SE Full Tegiment Steinhart: Ocean vintage GMT Suunto: Elementum Terra Tissot: Seastar 1000 (T066.427.11.057.00) Tudor: Black Bay "Pepsi" GMT (79830RB-0001 / 2018) Vostok: Amphibia 090 Scuba Dude Waltham: Pocket Watch

For Sale:
    Hamilton IntraMatic 42, Suunto Ambit3 Peak Sapphire, Tissot PRS516, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 44 Automatik B-Muster, Casio EFM-100 (Orange Bezel),Timex Ironman Chrono (1992)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information