Apple says its 'Apple watch' should last 3 years!!!!!!
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Apple says its 'Apple watch' should last 3 years!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Apple says its 'Apple watch' should last 3 years!!!!!!

I don't own any smart watch myself, but if they are just designed to have such a short life span (as with the mandatory cellphone), I cannot ever see myself investing in any smart watch. Would I buy any watch which had such a short life expectancy? I don't think so. If these smart watches were given away as a freebie when you purchase a new cellphone, then I could see the attraction of owning one. But to pay multiple £££$$$ on top the purchase price for the cellphone, I cannot see the the attraction to fork out again in another three years or so.
    Here is the article
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-computer-four

Re: Apple says its 'Apple watch' should last 3 years!!!!!!

I don't give a sh1t. Personally I prefer oranges.
    Drumguy4all and lvt like this.

Kind of reminds me of a scam house security company that was taken to court a while back for selling house alarms which had a circuit built in, to disable the alarm after a certain time period shortly after the warranty had run out. They made a fortune so called repairing all these, but the consumer right were onto them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Many keep their macs and idevices longer than that, much linger for macs It is not because the older ones are technically not cutting edge anymore that they have become useless.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDagon007 View Post
    Many keep their macs and idevices longer than that, much linger for macs It is not because the older ones are technically not cutting edge anymore that they have become useless.
    I love apple computers and have been using their laptops for years. I travel quite a bit, and for some reason I have never had a computer last more than about 3 years. Invariably, the hard drive engage mechanism always poops out and apple says it will cost 100000 USD to fix it, at which point I just get a new one.

Annoying, but forced obsolescence keeps the profits flowing. Perhaps I am just hard on my gear.

Until the Apple Watch has a teleportation feature, I will never buy one.

Maybe apple don't feel there is enough money in the AW to follow the same release cycle as the iPhone. Maybe they want to invest the R&D money in other products.
    Benzinger .. Dornblueth & Sohn .. Grand Seiko .. Sinn .. Laco .. Schaumburg .. Hamilton .. Tissot

The key is the vast majority of their target audience won;t keep them that long anyway. While I keep a phone until it dies my wife and most of mine/her friends get a new one as soon as the next generation comes out. I am an AV geek and buy new TVs and projectors long before they die so I understand the concept.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Chopard GO Hamilton Hexa Hublot IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron

Obviously if it is useful to my daily life (it isn't so far from what I've seen) - I'd pay 300, 400 bucks for a device that only lasts 3 years. That's hardly outrageous. Laptops and cellphones can have around that length of lifespan.
    shnjb likes this.

It's the same with mobile phones. The phone is usually outdated after 3 or 4 years.

I had a perfectly fine Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. I bought it when it was already about 2 years on the market. I turned off automatic software and app upgrades because I wanted to choose myself. Then it started to go funny, think photobucket compatibility with my browser and every other browser was the first to play up. So then I manually uptated the phone which then made it unusable.

If you think you are gonna have a fully functioning easy to usr modern smartphone or watch forever then you're gonna be disappointed.

HAQ and AW moderator

Sounds the same as with cell phones. "Need" to upgrade every few years to avoid obsolescence.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information