Apple Watch 1 not going to get updated this year!`
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Apple Watch 1 not going to get updated this year!`

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apple Watch 1 not going to get updated this year!`

I just read that the Apple watch 1 (they are on 3 now) will NOT be getting the new watch OS5. Those fools who paid $17k for the gold model are even out of luck.

This is when I predict that many people will fall out of love with the Apple watch and other wearables. $300-$500 is a lot of coin the throw in the trash every 2 years.

Anyone own one and are you upset? Any other thoughts on this subject?

Re: Apple Watch 1 not going to get updated this year!`

This isn’t Apple Watch it’s first generation Apple tech for any of their products.

It happened to me with the iPod and the iPad. Was an early adopter and they stopped servicing them after about 3-4 years. So now I wait till Apple update the first of their products before buying them.

Hardly a surprise. No manufacturer updates their obsolete electronic gadgets forever.
    ronalddheld likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just so we’re clear, by “Apple Watch 1”, you mean the first-generation model, not the Series 1.
    https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/...o-apple-watch/

watchOS 5 will be available this fall as a free update for Apple Watch Series 1 and later and requires iPhone 5s or later on iOS 12. watchOS 5 will not be available on the original Apple Watch. Features are subject to change. Some features may not be available in all regions.
    I’m a little more surprised that iOS 12 supports the iPhone 5S, which hasn’t been for sale for a while now.

Dropping the first-gen AW is a bummer, but not unexpected, although running up to watchOS 4 is three OS upgrades better than almost every other smartwatch manufacturer has been able to manage so far. (which makes me wonder, OP: why aren’t you crowing about any of them?)

Oh, and btw, “every two years” is kinda stretching reality. We still have an iPad 2 at home, which is about 7 years old and is maxed out on iOS 9. Still works good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    Oh, and btw, “every two years” is kinda stretching reality. We still have an iPad 2 at home, which is about 7 years old and is maxed out on iOS 9. Still works good enough.
    Exactly. These products don’t stop working if they no longer stop receiving updates. I used my iMac for 7 years (only replaced because I wanted a laptop). My iPhone 4 for 4 years (only replaced because I lost it). And I use a lot of tech. Some I upgrade at a reasonable amount of time, and others I hold onto for a long time if they still are useful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ronalddheld likes this.

I still have one of the original iMac computers from 1998. Guess what? It doesn't work well with Apples' OS10 or newer software.

The Series 0 went on sale in 2015. It is now 2018 and the AW is on Series 3. Most people who got a Series 0 have probably bought another since then or already were planning for a new one in the next year.

My Series 0 is for sleep tracking mostly and my Series 3 is what I use outside the home. I honestly can't think of any reason why I should be crushed that my Series 0 can’t be further upgraded.

Banned

I hope it gets updated

i really don't think so

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information