Apple Watch as an investment
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Apple Watch as an investment

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apple Watch as an investment

How high do you think value can go? Some watches have increased in value by more than 10 times based on prices at auction. How long before we see this with the AW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -If the photos on any of my listings say "This photo is currently unavailable" please consider the listing as out of date and/or closed
    -All of my photos can be seen in higher resolution by going to "Actions" and then "View all sizes" on the flickr page.
    -Please send me an email at [email protected] and I will respond with links to my reference threads.
    -I can usually respond more quickly to emails than PMs

Re: Apple Watch as an investment

I think you would have to get one and put it in a safety deposit box, then round up 99% of those in circulation and destroy them. That would make the one you have valuable.
    If you never believe in anything, you'll never be disappointed.

In my opinion, never. Something newer and more shiny is always going to be around the corner. iPhones depreciate in value, so will these gadgets.

I'm not talking out of spite either, I own the 42 mm gold sport one but it's not as special as I anticipated it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Seriously? Or trolling?
    Watchbreath likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    Seriously? Or trolling?
    This guy gets it
    -If the photos on any of my listings say "This photo is currently unavailable" please consider the listing as out of date and/or closed
    -All of my photos can be seen in higher resolution by going to "Actions" and then "View all sizes" on the flickr page.
    -Please send me an email at [email protected] and I will respond with links to my reference threads.
    -I can usually respond more quickly to emails than PMs

Seriously? Or trolling?
    Well a joke i think after all anyone who paid the full price on release must now be kicking themselves

Quote Originally Posted by pr1uk View Post
    Well a joke i think after all anyone who paid the full price on release must now be kicking themselves
    No, it's a stupid question to ask about any smartwatch, not just Apple's.

You can go on with your usual anti-Apple trolling.

Seriously? Or trolling?
    Seriously... I don't think OP is trolling.
    In some emerging economies, like Philippines, India, and China, Apple products are considered as affordable premiums. And Apple products boost the consumers' ego there alot than any other place. Hence, the often speculations of their phones, so as Smart Watches today.
    A piece of my favorite timepiece, is like a dish of local delicacies. It's not about how good it may look, or how branded in may came from popular stalls or restaurants. It's always the materials and concoction that produces the best keep!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed.YANG View Post
    Seriously... I don't think OP is trolling.
    In some emerging economies, like Philippines, India, and China, Apple products are considered as affordable premiums. And Apple products boost the consumers' ego there alot than any other place. Hence, the often speculations of their phones, so as Smart Watches today.
    Hmm.

Well, the usual intent for "investment" is to basically park your cash in something where it can grow in value (hopefully) and end up with more cash later.

I don't see gadgets -- smartwatches, smartphones, PDAs, etc -- being useful as financial investments at all. Most wristwatches aren't good investments, either.

Now, if we talk "invest" as it relates to gaining productivity, saving time, adding convenience, etc., we've got a worthwhile discussion. But the OP directly asked how high the value can go, so I don't think he was talking about the convenience of getting weather reports on your wrist.

Hmm.

Well, the usual intent for "investment" is to basically park your cash in something where it can grow in value (hopefully) and end up with more cash later...
    Investments can be long and can be short. If you hire a piano teacher to teach your junior to teach them how to play the instrument, and your junior managed to play the musical instrument well to entertain you, your other family members, their peers... and so on, you get short term investment returns. If you send your juniors to a music school to learn their music lessons as well as other academic studies... the yield result can be very rewarding. That's long term investment.

The Apple Smart Watches are short term investment, or should i say speculative commodities. There are just too much overwhelming demand and fakes in the emerging economies that prompt foreign nationals snapping up Apple products in foreign lands such that they can bring back to where they're from to turn as money earning goods.

It's all about speculation. And speculation is often linked to "investment".
    A piece of my favorite timepiece, is like a dish of local delicacies. It's not about how good it may look, or how branded in may came from popular stalls or restaurants. It's always the materials and concoction that produces the best keep!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information