Apple Watches?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Apple Watches?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apple Watches?

Really? They get their own section here? Did not expect an over-glorified REALLY over-priced fitbit made by a 12 year old girl in China for 20 dollars worth of parts and labor and a 1900% markup would get a section on this site. Wow lol. These contraptions are novelties NOT watches, sorry guys.
    Iraya likes this.

HAQ and AW moderator

Re: Apple Watches?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Lee View Post
    Really? They get their own section here? Did not expect an over-glorified REALLY over-priced fitbit made by a 12 year old girl in China for 20 dollars worth of parts and labor and a 1900% markup would get a section on this site. Wow lol. These contraptions are novelties NOT watches, sorry guys.
    If you are unhappy about AWs you can avoid this forum.
    Palmettoman likes this.

Well, bye?

I've had mine for about a month for morning exercise routine and jogging, with music via Air Pods. I went with cellular for the ability to make an emergency call/text while I'm out on a run. It gets worn about 1-1.5 hours a day for this. The rest of the day when I have my iPhone on me, I wear one of my mechanicals. They can peacefully coexist. Just because you don't like or need one, doesn't mean they don't have a use.

You could've just not clicked on this subforum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In a few years Apple has grown the AW from zero, to the #1 watch ... in the world.

How many other brands, doing a fraction of that, have their on forum on WUS? A dozen? Two dozen?

How about all of them?

It is beyond contestation that the AW has earned it's own forum. No one would ever suggest otherwise.

Now yes, you are correct, the AW is not really a watch. It's an extension of your iPhone, that you wear on your wrist. That tells time. At a glance. Like a watch.

It does just about anything any watch can do. Except it's more accurate than any mechanical watch; even more accurate quartz watch. It's a stop watch, a timer, an alarm clock. It can be read in bright sunlight to total darkness, with no need to charge the lume.

You can navigate with it via GPS... or a compass. Check altitude and barometric pressure. In addition to temperature, you can get the complete weather forecast and current conditions.... wherever you are, or for any place on earth. Moon phases, tide graph, sunrise and sunset.... for any location.

All at a glance, if you want.

You can even change the face, at a swipe, from a simple, clean analog, to a digital, or graphs, or a combination.

You can even change to a Micky Mouse face that speaks the time ... in Micky's voice.

It does anything a fitness tracker can do. But also can do an ECG.

It can monitor your sleep.

Oh, and you can answer and make calls, or dictate voice to text messages while driving. You can see who just emailed you, or what your next appointment is. At a glance if you choose.

It can pay for your coffee, or an entire bill, all with a scan.

And that's just what I can think of off the cuff ... it does a lot more, and will do more and more things every few months, via new complications and apps.

Yes, it's a soulless piece of technology. That is, compared to a mechanical watch. Not so much compared to a quartz. It's not much different the ABC watches that regard.

Yes, it's ugly, an androgynous cross between a fashion or "dress" watch, and a fitness tracker.

As a "55+" man, I feel a little self conscious, even a little embarrassed, wearing it. Like I'm trying to look young and "hip". I've never tried either ... even when I WAS young.

But it has replaced my Doxa's, Damasko's, Precista, Squale, Sinn, and Seiko's. I still look at them a lot. I take them out at night, sometimes put them on and reminisce ...

... when the AW is charging.

I feel naked without it.

I just make sure to wear long sleeves, and keep it covered so no one can see.

What am I going to so in a few months when Spring arrives?!?!?
    Last edited by nepatriot; February 21st, 2019 at 22:44.
    Drucifer and jp.vegas like this.

No need to apologise for being a prat…
    Palmettoman likes this.

No need to apologize. You got lost around these parts :)

I love my Rolex Sub ND

I love my Tag Heuer F1 chrono (gasp, in quartz!)

I love my G-Shock

And, I love my Apple Watch too! There’s all great and each satisfies a particular want/need of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    itsmemuffins and Hutch BMX like this.

Pop quiz, hotshot -- which watch do I wear the most?
    Attached Images Attached Images

B79

LOL. I love trolls.
    When I’m constantly surrounded by good people, trolls remind me how important these people are.
    Sometimes I take for granted being shielded from the angry ignorant.
    Other times, I take for granted the smart device tool on my wrist.

Apple watch has its place. Having that powerful of a computer on your wrist is a marvel of engineering it its own right not unlike mechanical watch movements with various complications

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information