Armband and heart rate monitor

Thread: Armband and heart rate monitor

Armband and heart rate monitor

Hi,
    Has anyone been wearing the Apple Watch with an armband? Does the heart monitor work correctly?

I'm looking to use it like this at the gym

Re: Armband and heart rate monitor

What do you mean by “armband”?

The watch needs to contact your skin so that its optical sensors can see your blood pulses.

If you’re talking about wrapping your wrist, like for weights, etc., wear the watch higher up. Maybe you can wrap the fabric over the watch, in which case you should turn on the screen lock to keep the wrap from activating “touches”.

You can also get a strap that’ll hold your watch higher up, like on your bicep. TwelveSouth sells a model that’ll fit the Series 3 and earlier; they say they’re working on one for the Series 4.

You could also use a Bluetooth chest strap and, I suppose, keep the watch in your pocket or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    What do you mean by “armband”?

The watch needs to contact your skin so that its optical sensors can see your blood pulses.

If you’re talking about wrapping your wrist, like for weights, etc., wear the watch higher up. Maybe you can wrap the fabric over the watch, in which case you should turn on the screen lock to keep the wrap from activating “touches”.

You can also get a strap that’ll hold your watch higher up, like on your bicep. TwelveSouth sells a model that’ll fit the Series 3 and earlier; they say they’re working on one for the Series 4.

You could also use a Bluetooth chest strap and, I suppose, keep the watch in your pocket or something.

This is what I was reading about actually. My watch is series 4 so would have to wait.

The real question is, the apple watch at this location works as well as on the wrist?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JuanPablo046 View Post
    This is what I was reading about actually. My watch is series 4 so would have to wait.

The real question is, the apple watch at this location works as well as on the wrist?
    I've read that it works a bit better, probably because there's more flesh under the watch and less bone; and it can stay in one spot more reliably instead of shifting around a bit like it does on the wrist.

Thread Information