Future Upgrades?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ronalddheld
  • 1 Post By watchcrank_tx

Thread: Future Upgrades?

HAQ and AW moderator

Re: Future Upgrades?

Bigger battery would be the number one feature for me. I've turned transitions off and gone to monochrome screen on my Series 4 to eke more life out of the battery.

Sleep tracking and blood oxygen would be great upgrades.

Not sure whether I will buy a 6 when the 6 comes out, or a used 5. The right upgrades could push me towards a 6.
    - Stephen

HAQ and AW moderator

Too much thin mania for a larger battery.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ronalddheld View Post
    Too much thin mania for a larger battery.
    I fear you are right. I should have said higher-capacity, but even then, without it being physically bigger, improvement would be limited I'm sure. All the same, I would take what I could get.
    - Stephen

HAQ and AW moderator

if there were higher density batteries, i would think Apple would use them. IMO, daily recharging is fine by Apple.
    umarrajs likes this.

Yes, they would, and I expect they will. The article you posted mentioned "upcoming battery upgrades" for the Series 6, which is my source of hope. The rumor mill at least thinks there will be improvements.

As to charging daily, I am finding that as my Series 4 ages (it is still under a year old), it will no longer always make it 24 hours as it used to and instead is living closer to it's specified life. Since I wear it for convenient display of info from a medical monitor, I'm finding that irksome.

It's halfway tempting to buy a lightly used Series 5 and turn off the always-on function, as whether through battery improvements or lower consumption by the guts, reports are that in that configuration they tend to last longer than the 4. But I figure I might as well hold out for the 6 and see what sort of life it gets with some functions turned off.
    - Stephen

HAQ and AW moderator

IMO, more battery capacity means more sensors.
    Just upgraded to S5,so it will be years before I think of upgrading.
    Edit: I would prefer to charge it every few days, despite my negative tone.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcrank_tx View Post
    Bigger battery would be the number one feature for me. I've turned transitions off and gone to monochrome screen on my Series 4 to eke more life out of the battery.
    Having done some testing, I suppose I have no cause for complaint. With monochrome and no transitions, but no other optimizations, a fully charged battery lasted 43 hours before kicking on the low battery/power saver alert.

(Heavy users must bear in mind that my use isn't as heavy as some: checking the weather, having Siri set kitchen timers, and checking a medical monitor a few times an hour and the calendar a few times a day.)

A bonus is that the monochrome screen is far less attention grabbing. Now I'm wondering what sort of battery life I could eke out of a Series 5 . . .
    ronalddheld likes this.
    - Stephen

Thread Information