Hodinkee Youtube Review......
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hodinkee Youtube Review......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hodinkee Youtube Review......

Do a search on Youtube for Apple Watch Series 4 Review, there are plenty out there now. I think Hodinkee did the best one, looks at it more from the frame of mind where we come from.

Apple Watch Space Black Series 5 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GBD-H1000-1CR G-Squad
    Casio G-Shock GPR-B1000 Rangeman
    Casio G-Shock GW-B5600BC-1BJF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Casio Pro-Trek PRW-6600Y-2CR
    Casio Pro-Trek PRT-B50-1CR
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 Black Dial

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701
    TAG Heuer Autavia Re-Issue CY2111
    TAG Heuer Connected 2020 Gen3

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Re: Hodinkee Youtube Review......

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Do a search on Youtube for Apple Watch Series 4 Review, there are plenty out there now. I think Hodinkee did the best one, looks at it more from the frame of mind where we come
    Yes, I watched it last evening. Not much in addition to what has been said in Apple’s keynote. It will take some time until more in depth reviews will appear.

HAQ and AW moderator

Waiting for more detailed reviews...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I shall know for sure when I receive mine between 15 and 18 October.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

I appreciate they focus on the functionality of the watch. It’s the sole reason I bought the 3 and have a 4 arriving today.

I love my mechanicals, but the ease of use and the practicality is what attracted me to it. For example, I took several calls (business related) on it yesterday and didn’t have to tie up one hand holding a phone. I kept right on doing what I was doing while talking. Sure, I could wear an earpiece and have the same functionality, but with the watch, I don’t have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodinkee also posted a video from Apple showing how the new Fire, Liquid Metal, and Mist watch faces were made, using high-speed photography, models and molds, and actual fire.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ap...ind-the-scenes
    ronalddheld likes this.

Many "watch aficionados" on the internet have a passionate hate towards the Apple Watch and they are quite vocal about it. If you read the comments on Hodinkee you'll understand what I mean.

I like to compare this situation to driving a modern Tesla car during the week and taking the vintage car out of the garage for weekends, for a leisure drive. They are not mutual exclusive as driving the vintage car during the rush hour is no fun, the cost of running it would increase a lot as well as the chances of breaking down. It is much more convenient to drive the Tesla when you're in a rush and need the convenience, low running cost etc. It's the same with AW vs smartwaches. It is much more convenient and useful to wear the AW during the week and enjoy its benefits, while taking out the mechanical watch in the evening and weekends.
    ronalddheld and DougFNJ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by utzelu View Post
    Many "watch aficionados" on the internet have a passionate hate towards the Apple Watch and they are quite vocal about it. If you read the comments on Hodinkee you'll understand what I mean.

I like to compare this situation to driving a modern Tesla car during the week and taking the vintage car out of the garage for weekends, for a leisure drive. They are not mutual exclusive as driving the vintage car during the rush hour is no fun, the cost of running it would increase a lot as well as the chances of breaking down. It is much more convenient to drive the Tesla when you're in a rush and need the convenience, low running cost etc. It's the same with AW vs smartwaches. It is much more convenient and useful to wear the AW during the week and enjoy its benefits, while taking out the mechanical watch in the evening and weekends.
    Very well said! I think the Apple Watch may be contributing to SAVING the watch industry. For years when Smartphones became mainstream, that was what many people were using to tell time. My step son's generation were asking what the point of wearing a watch is when you have the phone in your pocket full time. These same kids got themselves Apple Watches and are now getting into G-Shocks again. Thats where I got my first taste for watches, and it only grew from there. Time will tell.....no pun ;)

Apple Watch Space Black Series 5 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GBD-H1000-1CR G-Squad
    Casio G-Shock GPR-B1000 Rangeman
    Casio G-Shock GW-B5600BC-1BJF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Casio Pro-Trek PRW-6600Y-2CR
    Casio Pro-Trek PRT-B50-1CR
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 Black Dial

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701
    TAG Heuer Autavia Re-Issue CY2111
    TAG Heuer Connected 2020 Gen3

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Very well said! I think the Apple Watch may be contributing to SAVING the watch industry. For years when Smartphones became mainstream, that was what many people were using to tell time. My step son's generation were asking what the point of wearing a watch is when you have the phone in your pocket full time. These same kids got themselves Apple Watches and are now getting into G-Shocks again. Thats where I got my first taste for watches, and it only grew from there. Time will tell.....no pun ;)
    Great insight. I agree that Apple Watches are helping the industry overall

My opinion is that it doesn’t really help but the contrary, it may lead to shrinking or even the demise of the traditional industry. My thinking is that the younger generation who wears smartwatches is getting used to having new features with every iteration and they will get more and more useful ones. Once they will be hooked with them, there’s no going back to wearing some archaic device which does not provide any useful features. More than that, with the growing of the smartwatch segment, the traditional segment will shrink, leading to disappearing brands together with repositioning them to a higher pricing segment and lower volume. This trend has already started with some companies, including Rolex and even Seiko. I guess most of the WIS are from another generation raised in the analog age and they cannot comprehend the idea of youngsters living in the digital connected world.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information