More Apple watch faces?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: More Apple watch faces?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

More Apple watch faces?

I got the 4 model and I don´t use it that much but been thinking about the dial, what dials are you guys using and can I get more than apple provides ?

I thought that I saw somewhere that there are available like vintage inspired dials ?
    Last edited by veggfodur; February 19th, 2019 at 14:27.

Re: Apple watch

“Can I get more than Apple provides?” I don’t think so. You can maybe make your own app that looks like a watch face, but there is still no “store” where you can download more.

(btw, is it too late to change the title of the topic to something more descriptive? Maybe “can I get more Apple Watch faces”?)

I took these pics yesterday while I was waiting for an oil change on my car:

Palmettoman and armandob like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    “Can I get more than Apple provides?” I don’t think so. You can maybe make your own app that looks like a watch face, but there is still no “store” where you can download more.

(btw, is it too late to change the title of the topic to something more descriptive? Maybe “can I get more Apple Watch faces”?)

I took these pics yesterday while I was waiting for an oil change on my car:

The title, very good comment :) - ON it but yes that sounds like Apple, if they don´t provide it I can forget it :/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by veggfodur View Post
    The title, very good comment :) - ON it but yes that sounds like Apple, if they don´t provide it I can forget it :/
    I can see Apple’s stance against allowing fully-functional third-party faces, too. They want to preserve their brand aesthetics as much as possible (remember Kaleidoscope in the pre-OSX days? Yeah, you can’t mess with the Mac’s UI anymore). They also probably don’t want to have to hand-curate a Face Store to keep out all the inevitable Rolex clones, too.

There might also be a security concern because of the functions accessible by the complications. But I don’t know if each face has any ability to make system calls apart from what’s built into the complications’ fields. The Nike faces have a dedicated Nike+ button (it’s the “swoosh” logo) that calls up the Nike Run Club app. Maybe a malicious face designer could insert a tap-able area that does their own bidding.

Re: More Apple watch faces?

One can make a favorite pic into a watch face. I've done it a few times, but prefer the Apple standard fare. A lot to choose from...
    dbakiva likes this.

I wish they’d have a decent digital face. The modular doesn’t allow the time in the middle, and the X-Large doesn’t allow more than one complication which takes over the middle. Absolutely stupid.
    ronalddheld likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmemuffins View Post
    I wish they’d have a decent digital face. The modular doesn’t allow the time in the middle, and the X-Large doesn’t allow more than one complication which takes over the middle. Absolutely stupid.
    What do you mean by “decent”?

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    What do you mean by “decent”?
    With the ability to have the digital clock front and centre with the complications you want, around it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by itsmemuffins View Post
    With the ability to have the digital clock front and centre with the complications you want, around it.
    Is there like no app to make something like that ?

Quote Originally Posted by veggfodur View Post
    Is there like no app to make something like that ?
    Like I said earlier, you can make your own app and upload it to your watch (Xcode is free, as is an Apple developer membership; you don't pay any fees until you decide to upload your app to the App Store for sale). Experiment with it like a mockup to see what layout would work best. I don't think that you can legitimately get it approved by Apple for public distribution, but at least you could try using it on your own watch.

I like how the existing Modular face (both the newer Infograph version and the original) has a large-sized complication in the middle. Not a lot of third-party apps take advantage of it, but like the example in my pic, you can see several hours' worth of weather forecast at once. It's also big enough to show a News headline or the next Calendar event. Pushing it into the corner and making it smaller would also make it less useful.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information