• 1 Post By ronalddheld
  • 1 Post By RandM
  • 1 Post By BarracksSi
  • 2 Post By utzelu
  • 1 Post By utzelu

Thread: New to the Apple Watch Fórum

New to the Apple Watch Fórum

Hi All,

I’ve never had a digital watch, but I’ve been reading about the features and ease of use! Is it worth getting the latest Apple watch? Is there big updates for each version? Which would you recommend? Which do you wear?

Thank you kindly!

Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAQ and AW moderator

Re: New to the Apple Watch Fórum

Greetings Keith. There is a lot of information here. Using the search tool will answer some of your questions.
    gward10 likes this.

Each version is better than it’s predecessor. There are so many features that are hard to live without out once you use them. Why I like the watch will be completely different from why you like it. If it is a zero for you, flip it on the sales forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    gward10 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I see them getting updated on Apple's usual "tick-tock" cycle (heh! punny!).

The "tick": First-gen (aka "Series 0") -> Series 2 -> Series 4 = all-new case construction each time;
    The "tock": Series 1 -> Series 3 -> ?? = new big-ticket capability (added LTE with the S3).

(yes, I know the S1 and S2 debuted at the same time, but I consider the S1 to be just a speed-bumped "S0")

The Series 4, though, is a bigger jump than before, IMO. It's got the only 64-bit CPU among smartwatches (some say it benchmarks like an iPhone 5S), and the extra health tricks like fall detection and ECG are nice to have.

Here's what I wrote a little over three years ago. Now I've got a Series 4 with LTE, and everything still applies, plus it's faster, smoother, and just plain better.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f586/c...y-2699457.html
    gward10 likes this.

Thank you for all of your responses, I appreciate your insight. It seems there was a big jump for the Apple Watch 4! I was curious if this was the case or if I could get away with the older model with mostly the same options. For instance, I keep my iPhone for 2-3 years before upgrading.
    Thanks again all!

Keith

I personally wear the S3 version I got back in April, so I won't upgrade to the S4 iteration. But if you are only now getting into smartwatches, it is better to go for the S4 version as it looks better, runs faster and has few more features. Of course, you can also get a used S3 just to see if you like it. This way you won't loose on resale should you decide it's not for you.

As for their utility compared to the regular watches, I am contemplating buying an extra smartwatch, either the latest Samsung Galaxy Watch or the upcoming Casio WSD-F30 to have as a rotation watch and sports :) Funny how now we're starting to rotate on the smartwatches, heh?
    ronalddheld and gward10 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by utzelu View Post
    I personally wear the S3 version I got back in April, so I won't upgrade to the S4 iteration. But if you are only now getting into smartwatches, it is better to go for the S4 version as it looks better, runs faster and has few more features. Of course, you can also get a used S3 just to see if you like it. This way you won't loose on resale should you decide it's not for you.

As for their utility compared to the regular watches, I am contemplating buying an extra smartwatch, either the latest Samsung Galaxy Watch or the upcoming Casio WSD-F30 to have as a rotation watch and sports :) Funny how now we're starting to rotate on the smartwatches, heh?
    Wow, goes to show you how far we’ve come with smartwatches. I remember telling myself, I’d never get one! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by gward10 View Post
    Wow, goes to show you how far we’ve come with smartwatches. I remember telling myself, I’d never get one! Haha
    Heh heh... that's what I told myself too. In fact, I bought the first AW S0 in SS in November 2015 and only used it for a month before selling it. At that time I had most of the preconception people voice on this forum. But this year I thought to try again, having gone over the previous issues. And now I have gone to the dark side, getting used to the smartwatch functionality so much that I cannot wear regular watches. Nowadays I keep one mechanical watch on the desk and look at it, rather than wear it on my wrist.
    gward10 likes this.

Banned

It's depends on what you need it for,both watches tell time but an apple smart watch has more functions that you would enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by utzelu View Post
    Heh heh... that's what I told myself too. In fact, I bought the first AW S0 in SS in November 2015 and only used it for a month before selling it. At that time I had most of the preconception people voice on this forum. But this year I thought to try again, having gone over the previous issues. And now I have gone to the dark side, getting used to the smartwatch functionality so much that I cannot wear regular watches. Nowadays I keep one mechanical watch on the desk and look at it, rather than wear it on my wrist.
    I’m going to the Apple store today to explore my options and I might just walk away with one. Is it strange that I’m nervous?

Thread Information