New Travel Companion - Apple Watch Nike Series 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Travel Companion - Apple Watch Nike Series 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Travel Companion - Apple Watch Nike Series 2

Very cool watch. Especially when one travels to various destinations needs to know not just about different time zones - but also weather, temperatures, etc in this winter season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New Travel Companion - Apple Watch Nike Series 2

I totally agree, have owned one since the day the first one came out and have enjoyed it a lot. I also use the modular screen the most, has the most amount of info! Love the Nike version.
    Devray likes this.
    Current Collection Previously Owned
    Rolex Submariner Omega Planet Ocean XL
    Grand Seiko Spring Drive Breitling B1
    Breitling Aerospace Evo Breitling Aerospace 79362
    Omega SMP Bond Tudor Pelagos Blue

This is one of the best features about these watches. The gen 0 ones were a bit too slow to do anything really but the one thing I really appreciated was having 4 timezones on my watch face, which is what I really needed at the time. Sold it and got the series 2 and still cant really find much to do with it, but I have it on my wrist more often than any other watch I have.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What's the difference from the Nike series and the regular apple watch series 2? Is it the band?

Banned

Very useful. Have some high end watches that re just sitting. Making me rethink my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by zuesmajor View Post
    What's the difference from the Nike series and the regular apple watch series 2? Is it the band?
    - The band (which isn't available separately from either Apple or Nike, although fakes exist);
    - Nike-branded faces, using their custom layout and font (all the standard Apple faces remain available);
    - A dedicated complication position on the Nike faces for the Nike Run app;
    - A special neon yellow-green color ("Volt", I think they call it) available across all the faces, including the Nike faces and the standard Apple-designed faces.

There is no special hardware inside the Nike version. Any apps written for the other AW models run the same on the Nike models.
    Devray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aeolianmode View Post
    This is one of the best features about these watches. The gen 0 ones were a bit too slow to do anything really but the one thing I really appreciated was having 4 timezones on my watch face, which is what I really needed at the time. Sold it and got the series 2 and still cant really find much to do with it, but I have it on my wrist more often than any other watch I have.
    I'm still using my original Apple Watch and on Watch OS 3, it ain't that slow and is still very functional.

Coming back to this topic, I travel with mine everywhere I go but on overseas trips, in order to view such info on your watch requires wifi or a cellular connection in that country. So when on the go, it's either I just leave it disconnected or purchase a data-only SIM.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

I dont know, watch os 2 made it faster for me but not fast enough. I had to trade up for a series 2. Its faster, but you know I think we're spoiled with how fast our iphones are.. I still the watch could be a bit faster as well. I also found it wasnt that useful for traveling.. always worried about the battery life.
    Andrew T likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aeolianmode View Post
    I dont know, watch os 2 made it faster for me but not fast enough. I had to trade up for a series 2. Its faster, but you know I think we're spoiled with how fast our iphones are.. I still the watch could be a bit faster as well. I also found it wasnt that useful for traveling.. always worried about the battery life.
    I place it to charge overnight on the stand so it's fine for me, and it also doubles as my alarm clock.

Watch OS 2 has only incremental speed boost, until OS 3 came along.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

Yeah I know, I mean, I charge it everyday too, but thats just another thing I have to worry about when I travel. Although the battery life is great, but even so..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information