OK...I Can't Get This Watch Off My Wrist
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: OK...I Can't Get This Watch Off My Wrist

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

OK...I Can't Get This Watch Off My Wrist

I bought an Apple Watch on a whim.....got a good price on a used one....I thought it would be fun to dink with for a bit....and then maybe flip it.

One problem though: I love it.

I have been in the watch "game" for a while and have a good-sized collection....never in a million years would I have thought that I would like my AW so much....it's very useful....and it's fun.

I bought one of the G-Shock looking cases and some straps adapters...the adapters don't allow a lot of room between the spring bar and the body of the adapter so I'm somewhat limited....but I did find a couple of straps that will fit just fine.

I've had it on my wrist for 12 days straight...in the past I never wore the same watch even two days in a row.

So now the question is: Do I start selling my other watches....or will this wear off after a few weeks? :)

Last edited by Trandy; June 16th, 2016 at 19:07.
    ccm123 likes this.
    " Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people that you are....you aren't" - Margaret Thatcher

Re: OK...I Can't get This Watch Off My Wrist

I wouldn't sell out yet. The feeling may wear off. If not, the trend may change, at which point you'll want your "old school" watches, lol. But if you enjoy it, wear it. Isn't enjoyment from wearing a watch what it's really all about anyway?
    tzz likes this.
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post
    If I wasn’t spending money on G-Shocks, my wife would be spending it on dumb sh*t like food and bills.

I also had the same reaction when I got my AW a year ago where I wore it for over 2 weeks while on vacation. Extremely useful tool, and pretty good looking to boot.

Enjoy OP! And sometimes a change of straps will make it seem like a new watch should you get tired of the look a few weeks/months down the line.
    rich66 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

HAQ and AW moderator

I would not vsell any. In Time you may go to a new rotation of your watches, with the AW in it.

I've been wearing my Rado for the past five days instead of my AW. I wanted to try to change my routine a bit, and I also wanted to check the Rado movement's accuracy.

I've repeatedly tried to check my Rado for the outside temperature, messages from my wife, any VIP emails, messages from Slack, etc -- and those are just during waking hours. Every night, I still wear my AW into bed and use it as my morning alarm.

I think I've spent enough days with the Rado to get some accuracy results. I'm going back to the AW by the end of the week.
    Trandy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trandy View Post
    So now the question is: Do I start selling my other watches....or will this wear off after a few weeks? :)
    I think selling off watches is a sad thing—but I’m the type to buy to own and not to flip.

But I will say, I wear my AW almost 24/7 and it has massively stopped my itch to buy watches. That said, I still would like add a decent sports watch (like a G-Shock) and a decent dress watch . . . eventually. Although knowing me, if I ever get the AW Hermès, I’ll prolly use that as a dress watch. As for the G-Shock, if you can make an AW as water resistant and hammer resistant as a G-Shock, let me know.

This is a great post. Apple Watch has definitely changed the way I look at my watch collection. My verdict became a large sell off. Not all, but I had been wearing the Apple Watch constantly. Recently I purchased an Omega Seamster Ceramic that I have been wearing a lot and wearing the Apple Watch for sleep and exercise. I know ultimately it will go back to a daily wear. I still keep looking at my wrist for notifications and weather lol.

Apple Watch Space Black Series 5 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GBD-H1000-1CR G-Squad
    Casio G-Shock GPR-B1000 Rangeman
    Casio G-Shock GW-B5600BC-1BJF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Casio Pro-Trek PRW-6600Y-2CR
    Casio Pro-Trek PRT-B50-1CR
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 Black Dial

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701
    TAG Heuer Autavia Re-Issue CY2111
    TAG Heuer Connected 2020 Gen3

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    I know ultimately it will go back to a daily wear. I still keep looking at my wrist for notifications and weather lol.
    My turning point was when, for a cousin’s wedding, I wore another watch. On the way to the chapel, I stopped at Starbucks and realized, “Wait a sec. I have to pull out my phone to see how much left I have in my Starbucks account. And I have to keep my phone out to pay for this latte.”

That had never been an annoyance ever, until I got an AW.

When the next AW comes out, I am not selling my old one. The new one will be for everyday wear, and the old one will be for sleep and fitness tracking. Though ideally, I’d have three—one for sleep tracking, one for fitness, one for everyday.
    DougFNJ likes this.

HAQ and AW moderator

Msybe a new thread is needed: have you sold off any watches since you bought the AW 1?

I was pretty much joking about a big watch sell off....I currently have over 50 and I like each and every one for different reasons.

However since acquiring the AW my views on my collection have started to change quite a bit.

I did wear a different watch one afternoon and I also found myself wanting to check texts, email, etc.

That tells me just how much I'm taken with the AW. :)
    " Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people that you are....you aren't" - Margaret Thatcher

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information