Series 2 Apple Watch Edition after one year of use.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Fer Guzman
  • 1 Post By ronalddheld
  • 1 Post By BarracksSi
  • 2 Post By Fer Guzman

Thread: Series 2 Apple Watch Edition after one year of use.

Series 2 Apple Watch Edition after one year of use.

I've been using the white ceramic for a year now. Almost daily. I scratched the crystal and noticed what I think is a screen defect. In the top left and area where the screen ends, and in the left area as well. I was going to sell it, but the ebay buyer never answered my emails. So I went to apple and they will either replace the crystal under warranty or charge me $79 to replace it. So I went ahead and decided paying the 79 was fine that way it's clean. The people at the apple store told me they thought the imperfections were scratches maybe from hitting dry wall and I disagreed so I decided to send it in to apple directly. The stuff in the lower right hand are not scratches.

Also these scratches aren't that visible in daily use, I have to look at it from an angle and with a light. Despite the scratches, for a wach with no bezel protecting the crystal I think it has done very well.

I don't see any scratches on the case, maybe it's because it's white. I'm very pleased with how it's held up.

A word of caution regarding apple care and the ceramic edition. Out of warranty service for the ceramic edition is $800. Apple care for the watch is 99 and the fee for accidental damage is 79. Apple care covers 2 incidents of accidental damage. I think apple care for the ceramic is totally worth it. Additionally, the ceramic edition comes with 2 years of warranty versus one for the regular steel and aluminum models so apple care adds a 3rd year.

I made a video that better illustrates the scratches but here's a screen grab and I say pretty much the same thing in the video. Search fer557 ceramic edition on youtube for the video. You can tell on the left hand the part that looks like a defect. I have no idea what it is, I thought maybe it was glue separating the apple store said no. We shall see, I'm sending it in this week to get fixed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Fer Guzman; September 18th, 2017 at 20:19.
    ronalddheld likes this.

HAQ and AW moderator

Re: Series 2 Apple Watch Edition after one year of use.

Did not notice any display scratches. I suppose I will sell mine after I break in the Series 3.
    Fer Guzman likes this.

Ok, I see what you're talking about in the vid. Yeah, looks like delimitation -- not common, but not unheard of.

It's sooooo minor, though, so in case they send it back (they sent mine back; different story), I'd just keep using it if I were you. You say the rest of the case is nearly flawless, after all.

Another screen grab from your vid:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fer Guzman likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah I told them that if they can't fix it under warranty I'll just pay the fee to get it replaced. Seems worth it since it's just 79 and I'll probably sell it. On the off chance I don't like the grey ceramic I'll also have a new crystal for the next year . I actually went to get an iPhone screen replaced that had dead pixels and since I was there I asked about the watch otherwise I don't think I would have done anything.
    BarracksSi and ronalddheld like this.

Hey Thanks for the info on the service cost. I was thinking about purchasing the Ceramic version but the service after warranty ends is crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by in2zion View Post
    Hey Thanks for the info on the service cost. I was thinking about purchasing the Ceramic version but the service after warranty ends is crazy!
    It is. It does have a 2 year warranty, but still if you get the ceramic definitely get Apple care.

Apple replaced the whole watch except the strap for the delamination type defect mine had.

HAQ and AW moderator

Broken record moderator wished VZW offered the ceramic version. Maybe for the AW4?

Quote Originally Posted by ronalddheld View Post
    Broken record moderator wished VZW offered the ceramic version. Maybe for the AW4?
    You mean for sale at the Verizon store or compatible with Verizon? I don’t think any of the USA carriers offer the ceramics.

HAQ and AW moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    You mean for sale at the Verizon store or compatible with Verizon? I don’t think any of the USA carriers offer the ceramics.
    Maybe just buy it from Apple and put up with the hassle of getting it on the VZW not work?

Quote Originally Posted by ronalddheld View Post
    Maybe just buy it from Apple and put up with the hassle of getting it on the VZW not work?
    Buying anything dirextly from carriers is unnecessary. Well, maybe cases and screen protectors, but that’s it.

Thread Information