WatchOS 4 heart rate issues?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: WatchOS 4 heart rate issues?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WatchOS 4 heart rate issues?

So I installed OS4 yesterday and love it, except for two issues with heart rate tracking. First, it sporadically will give a way-off reading (like a one-time 180bpm when I was around 60bpm). The other issue is that it will only record an HR reading when I manually check it. It went 8 hours today without recording a single reading. Anyone else having similar issues? Oh yeah, and my standing is no longer recorded at all (zero all day).
    Last edited by ronalddheld; September 23rd, 2017 at 02:59.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Re: OS4 heart rate issues?

Hmm. Thatís weird. I think there are definitely some teething problems. I did my first workout today with OS4. The progress (distance and calories) froze up a couple of times, but always recovered by pausing the workout, and resuming. Also, halfway through, I couldnít get any reading from either my chest strap, or the built-in sensor when I disconnected the strap. Suddenly, it just started working again.

Iím also not getting any readings on the new resting heart rate. Ah well, Itíll get sorted in the end.

Re: OS4 heart rate issues?

Mine is taking periodic readings though (see picture above).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So a chat with Apple Support and I'm back in business. OS4 turned Wrist Detection off and that is now hidden in Passcodes so I missed it!
    Last edited by Doug507; September 23rd, 2017 at 01:50. Reason: Typos galore
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Re: WatchOS 4 heart rate issues?

Eventually Apple will endup selling the accumulated health data to insurance companies, which in turn given an individual's risk profile, will either refuse coverage or only provide it at a premium. Ahhhh, the blessings of the union between commercial technology and healthcare.
    Last edited by T1meout; September 24th, 2017 at 20:52.
    lvt likes this.

I compared AW3 HR reading with Polar H2 chest strap today and the readings were within +/- 3 all the time, and even closer a lot of times throughout the 30 minute session.

Name:  Image-1.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  118.5 KB

Name:  image1.png
Views: 130
Size:  74.5 KB

I've been impressed with the HR accuracy too. Twice now, I've done 40-minute HIIT classes with the Apple Watch on my left wrist and My Garmin Fenix 5 on the right (using my Garmin chest strap with the Fenix). The readings were very, very close - too close to quibble about. There were a couple times the Apple Watch lost the HR reading, but I'm sure that's due to it being a wrist-based sensor versus a chest strap.

Sadly, I have that skin type on which all wrist-borne heart rate monitors are next to useless. Iíve tried many. All fail. At least the Apple Watch connects to a chest strap.
    BarracksSi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by T1meout View Post
    Eventually Apple will endup selling the accumulated health data to insurance companies, which in turn given an individual's risk profile, will either refuse coverage or only provide it at a premium. Ahhhh, the blessings of the union between commercial technology and healthcare.
    Um... "Eventually" is "last year", or even a few years earlier if you want to burn Fitbit at the stake, too.

Although your wording -- "selling the accumulated health data to insurance companies" -- is completely false.

I am contemplating getting a AW for fitness purposes and after reading the posts on accuracy, I think I going for one.
    regards
    Fer Guzman and edhchoe like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information