Who have practically completely switched to an Apple Watch from their mechanical watches? Why?
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Who have practically completely switched to an Apple Watch from their mechanical watches? Why?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Who have practically completely switched to an Apple Watch from their mechanical watches? Why?

Hi

I'm curious to know who have completely or nearly completely switched to an Apple Watch and stopped using or sold their mechanical watches?
    Why?

Thank you.

Re: Who have practically completely switched to an Apple Watch from their mechanical watches? Why?

Still as true today as it was two and a half years ago:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f586/co...y-2699457.html

I haven't sold any of my other watches, at least not yet -- not because I don't like them, but because they're all gifts (so I would feel bad about ditching them).

I'm still considering getting a nice "capstone" watch if I can reach a career milestone, but my AW is still my go-to daily wearer.

BTW, you didn't need to start two threads; it's basically the same question.
    Last edited by BarracksSi; April 11th, 2018 at 18:31.

Re: Who have practically completely switched to an Apple Watch from their mechanical watches? Why?

I am prospecting switching from regular watches to smartwatches as the functionality provided by them is appealing to me. Mainly I am interesting in the health aspect, as my job is very sedentary. Other than that I am interested in notifications and other apps useful when travelling.

I don't really want to wear a regular watch on my left wrist and a SW on my right. Currently I am wearing my son's Apple Watch Series 3 whenever he doesn't and so far I like it. I got over the always off screen and the limited set of faces.

As for my regular watches, I will sell some of them as many are overlapping. I will probably keep one or two mechanicals for now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just commented on another thread about this, but while I do love the Apple Watch, I tend to rotate quite a bit depending on the activity I’m doing. Like the poster above, love the health/activity aspect, but in my opinion, won’t ever replace the mechanical watch for me.,

Today I bought a new AW Series 3 (non LTE), after I used my son’s AW for a while. It is the second time I am trying one, after I had the first generation for a brief period. I think I got over the things that disappointed me at the beginning (lack of always on display and 3rd party faces). I am sure I will be wearing mechanicals from time to time, but probably much less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using my Apple watch more and more so yeh it is taking over.
    Sinaisid likes this.

Just posted on a similar thread, but in the last 6 months since I bought the Series 3, I have been wearing it for ~23 hours per day and only really even wear a mechanical watch to weddings, formal dinners, etc. I'm torn on the whole thing; I miss my 'nice' watches but really can't live without all the conveniences the AW offers. Waiting for the day when it is considered "acceptable" to wear a mechanical watch on one wrist and the AW on the other :)

This week I only wore a mechanical watch once, when I went to meet some friends in evening. By that time I closed all the activity rings so I knew I won’t do any other physical activity that day. Otherwise I wore only the AW and it is very useful indeed. Having the screen always off does not bother me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I switch back and forth. Maybe 1 month Apple watch and another month mechanical. Hard to give up mechanical watches!

No way.

I wear my Apple Watch Series 2 Nike+ when I go out Running, four times per week.

I have many real Watches for other times.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information