Who have quit their Apple Watch after using it for more than a month & switched back to mechanical? - Page 16
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Who have quit their Apple Watch after using it for more than a month & switched back to mechanical?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Re: Who have quit their Apple Watch after using it for more than a month & switched back to mechanic

Every time I put my Apple Watch (S3) on, I wish it were one of my autos. I have tried to start tapering the Apple and switching to my "real" watches when not at work.

Re: Who have quit their Apple Watch after using it for more than a month & switched back to mechanic

I've had an on again off again relationship with AW's. I have a S2 and an S3 and never really bonded with either. I found it useful when out and about with the family, e.g. Disney, but found it more of an irritation at home. The first couple of models had poor battery life. I never really could decide on a default watch face. And, I couldn't wear it at work because I worked in closed areas where security prohibited two-way communications devices. I recently bought an AW Series 4. Enough memory to handle the apps I desire, and the ECG function is desirable given my heart attack a few years ago. I won't wear it every day. I will likely wear it when in tourist mode and also when on family outings at the local theme parks (Disney mostly). The convenience of being able to get and send messages without pulling out the phone, having a GPS to track where I'm at (and my family for that matter), and the longer battery life just might earn it a longer stay in my watch stable. We'll see. One thing I still think Apple can improve on is to allow third party watch faces. It would sure make the aesthetics of the watch face a whole lot more appealing. There really isn't an Apple Watch that can compare to my Omega PO, Breitling Aerospace EVO, or a host of other interesting mechanicals.

WnS

Corporate people can use an Apple Watch for discretely reading messages and glancing at the time during meetings, bike riders may appreciate the convenience of it on the go - I understand the utility.

But as a self employed person who drives, it's totally unnecessary and a traffic ticket waiting to happen. No cop ever cared about a person admiring a mechanical watch. The other issue is that it won't sync to my Android phone (lolz).
    I'm content with my watch collection

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have listed mine for sale. I'm going back to analog. The only time I wear mine now is when working out, but I have an old fitbit sitting in a drawer that will fill that purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really liked my Apple Watch, but I did not feel that I was using it in a way that justified the price. I think it is best suited for fitness people, and I am just not in that place at the moment (life is too busy with work and kids). I decided to sell it to avoid further depreciation - which is one of the worst things about this watch. I don't really view it as a watch as much as I do a "device." It is entirely tech-centric, and as such, will be obsolete in a few years, and worth very little compared to what you paid for it. So if you're not really using it every day, there's not a great reason to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by k7irish View Post
    I really liked my Apple Watch, but I did not feel that I was using it in a way that justified the price. I think it is best suited for fitness people, and I am just not in that place at the moment (life is too busy with work and kids). I decided to sell it to avoid further depreciation - which is one of the worst things about this watch. I don't really view it as a watch as much as I do a "device." It is entirely tech-centric, and as such, will be obsolete in a few years, and worth very little compared to what you paid for it. So if you're not really using it every day, there's not a great reason to have it.
    I can definitely agree with that. I wore mine daily for almost 2 years, but got the mechanical bug again. Doesn't make sense to let it sit in a drawer, its never going to go up in value.

I'm not actually quitting AW but not often wearing it after the first 6 months. It's an utility watch just like my g-shock. I wear my mechanical watch only for special occasions.

Chiming in here with my own $.02 - I'm an Apple fanboy to the core. I used to work at the Apple store pre-iPhone, and then have had a Mac at every single one of my jobs. Whenever I've switched jobs, part of my offer stipulation has been that I have to use a Mac. It's that serious. I also have had every iPhone since the original (well, I guess maybe except for the 6c, 8 and the Max/Plus variants). I have both generation of AirPods, and the latest iPad Pro. I had the first Apple Watch when it came out, and had the second generation too. I did not get the latest generation, and I've completely switched back to regular watches and have since sold my second-gen Apple Watch.

This is all to say that even someone as plugged-in and Apple fanboy-ish me can recognize the value of a good mechanical timepiece. I have technology all around me really 24-7, so it feels good to have something that's old-school that I don't have to plug into a wall. I actually switched as soon as my son was born last year because I recognized that I didn't need to have something "tap" me on my wrist to get my attention that's not my boy. Feels nice to just be in-the-moment with him.
    camaroz1985 likes this.

Well said. It's nice to step away from the notifications / chimes / vibrations of incoming texts, calls, emails or other notifications, and have a good ol' fashioned mechanical watch.

I've yet to try the Apple Watch and dislike the built-in obsolescence of technology as upgraded models get issued every year. I'm a big Apple fan too - with a MacBook Pro, AppleTV, iPad, iPhone and Airpods.

Quote Originally Posted by raptorrapture View Post
    Chiming in here with my own $.02 - I'm an Apple fanboy to the core. I used to work at the Apple store pre-iPhone, and then have had a Mac at every single one of my jobs. Whenever I've switched jobs, part of my offer stipulation has been that I have to use a Mac. It's that serious. I also have had every iPhone since the original (well, I guess maybe except for the 6c, 8 and the Max/Plus variants). I have both generation of AirPods, and the latest iPad Pro. I had the first Apple Watch when it came out, and had the second generation too. I did not get the latest generation, and I've completely switched back to regular watches and have since sold my second-gen Apple Watch.

This is all to say that even someone as plugged-in and Apple fanboy-ish me can recognize the value of a good mechanical timepiece. I have technology all around me really 24-7, so it feels good to have something that's old-school that I don't have to plug into a wall. I actually switched as soon as my son was born last year because I recognized that I didn't need to have something "tap" me on my wrist to get my attention that's not my boy. Feels nice to just be in-the-moment with him.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information