Bench light - Arbe LED task lamp or Waldmann STZL 24 R ?

Thread: Bench light - Arbe LED task lamp or Waldmann STZL 24 R ?

Bench light - Arbe LED task lamp or Waldmann STZL 24 R ?

I'm looking for a new bench light and I'm looking at two lights, Arbe and Waldmann.

The Arbe is considerably cheaper than the Waldmann, £200 v £600. Does anyone have experience with either of them? Is the Waldmann much higher priced tag worth it?
    The Waldmann is the top light in Horotec's catalogue.
    Recommendations for other high quality (I have a £100 light but that doesn't cut it) lights are welcome but I'm in the UK and do not want to have it shipped from abroad, please take that in consideration.

Arbe:
    LED Task Lamp | Nationwide Shipping | Arbe Machine

Waldmann
    https://shop.waldmann.com/industrie/...24-r-1902.html

Re: Bench light - Arbe LED task lamp or Waldmann STZL 24 R ?

I have one very similar to this one, works great, had it for 8 years.
    https://www.amazon.com/Brightech-Lig...8-1-fkmr0&th=1
    For me it`s a time piece not jewelry.

I have an LED bedside light that has selectable color from 2700K to 6000K. I find the warmer 2700K color more pleasant to work under. To me, there is better contrast of parts. The 6000K daylight color is useful to change the contrast while searching for lost parts. Changing the contrast makes the part stand out where it didn't before.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a version of the Arbe light, but without the USB charging port. I personally like it a lot, and having worked with the very expensive lights that goon those height adjustable German benches that are supposed to be the best, I like the Arbe more.

The dimmer feature is very handy, and it doesn’t kick out a ton of heat.

Cheers, Al

I think I’ll give the Arbe a go, it’s 30W/144 LED opposed to the 21W/84 LED that I currently have.
    I do not know anything about lights and I don’t know what I would gain spending 3 times as much on the Waldmann light. I would only be buying the Waldmann based on price assuming that it must be better and that does not make any sense.
    The usual problem with watchmaking tools/equipment – no reviews/comparisons and it’s a shot in the dark buying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_G View Post
    I think I’ll give the Arbe a go, it’s 30W/144 LED opposed to the 21W/84 LED that I currently have.
    I do not know anything about lights and I don’t know what I would gain spending 3 times as much on the Waldmann light. I would only be buying the Waldmann based on price assuming that it must be better and that does not make any sense.
    The usual problem with watchmaking tools/equipment – no reviews/comparisons and it’s a shot in the dark buying something.
    I hear you on that - when I last asked about bench lighting here there weren't too many replies, but here is the thread anyway:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f6/ben...ng-947683.html

Note that I replaced the light in that thread with the LED one I have now. The one I bought (in a moment of desperation since my old light broke) kicked out so much heat that I couldn't stand it by the end of the day. I think you will be happy with the Arbe light.

Cheers, Al

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    I hear you on that - when I last asked about bench lighting here there weren't too many replies, but here is the thread anyway:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f6/ben...ng-947683.html

Note that I replaced the light in that thread with the LED one I have now. The one I bought (in a moment of desperation since my old light broke) kicked out so much heat that I couldn't stand it by the end of the day. I think you will be happy with the Arbe light.

Cheers, Al
    I came across this thread few days ago but noticed the year 2013 and the lights are generally LED these days which don’t throw any heat, at least the one I have now doesn’t.
    The Arbe is definitely more powerful than the one I have so I’m hoping it will improve things, it’s the one I’m going to get.
    I really don’t understand the price tag of the Waldmann light, they need to describe it better and give a very good reason why it is so high to persuade people to buy them at that price over lights that cost a third of the price.

I use a pair of simple LED desk lamps, on either side of the work space. Good lighting, reduced shadows.
    Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent - Pogo

My Elgin Blog...

I have a non-recommendation for the Lightcraft Model 8015LED-U. It has an excellent rig of 84 dimmable LEDs, but moving the arm sends a sprinkle of tiny paint and metal shards onto the benchmat, so hardly ideal.
    I'm on instagram at christopherswatchmaking

Thread Information