Citizen Quartz 100m Bezel Repair question
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ExpiredWatchdog
  • 1 Post By Acidstain
  • 1 Post By ExpiredWatchdog

Thread: Citizen Quartz 100m Bezel Repair question

Citizen Quartz 100m Bezel Repair question

Hello, I'm not a watchmaker, but I am curious about how watches work. I wanted to know how a dive bezel like the one in this picture is assembled/replaced/repaired.

Name:  Citizen Quartz Diver.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  26.9 KB

I guess I am curious about how one would troubleshoot this repair. The bezel turns smoothly and is not loose in any direction. The only problem with it is its appearance.

Would anyone be able to comment on this? Thanks,

The assembly presses on. You may be able to pry it off with a case knife and they make a special tool that’s like a small vise with case knife jaws. Once it’s off, you can get access to a spring (a circular wire) & snap it out, then it usually comes apart. Good luck finding a replacement tho, unless you can find a donor on the bay.
    FarmKid likes this.
    If it's a good meter, it's a Fluke.
    Hang my self when I get enough rope. (It's a Tubes lyric, from the mid 70's; song's called "White Punks on Dope". Enough said?)
    The difference between 12 and 21 is dyslexia.

Re: Citizen Quartz 100m Bezel Repair question

So I opened up the caseback to see what else I could do to get this watch up and running again. I think I would need to replace the Citizen 6100A movement. Can anyone confirm that I need a Miyota 6M02? I feel confident that I could replace the movement myself and the movement is less than $15 it looks like. As I was assessing the watch, I also discovered that the screw-down crown tube has pulled free from the case (still screwed into the crown). I did not attempt to unscrew it after I released the crown from the non-functioning movement.

The bottom line I am trying to figure out is whether this watch is worth reviving?

Watchdog, I understand your bezel removal suggestion, I will check You Tube and see if I might try the case knife prying technique (Slow and Steady effort, I would presume).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes 6m02 would be the replacement.

Save the case tube. Citizen does not sell case tubes so your only option is to reuse that or to find a donor watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FarmKid likes this.

Once you pull the stem, you should be able to unscrew the crown tube. Typically the crown tube is pressed into the case with some kind of sealant like loctite. Yours doesn’t press any more so epoxy would be the better solution. Just be sure to set the tube to the proper depth. If you need to try again, you can heat the case/crown tube till the epoxy fails, but you’ll have to make sure the case is free of everything else, then use a heat gun, not a torch. Hopefully you won’t need to.

Good Luck
    FarmKid likes this.
    If it's a good meter, it's a Fluke.
    Hang my self when I get enough rope. (It's a Tubes lyric, from the mid 70's; song's called "White Punks on Dope". Enough said?)
    The difference between 12 and 21 is dyslexia.

Thread Information