Crown for SNK809 (7s26-02j0)
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bklake

Thread: Crown for SNK809 (7s26-02j0)

Crown for SNK809 (7s26-02j0)

I got off to a flying stop fitting a NH36 movement into my Seiko 5 mod. I broke the stem trying to get the old crown off. I've been trying to source a replacement crown with no joy. I'm looking at Esslinger's site right now, but don't know the exact dimensions of the crown, or the part number. Days of Internet searching have turned nothing up either.

Esslinger either list crowns by dimensions, or these part numbers, which mean nothing to me:

Name:  Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 1.31.36 PM.png
Views: 19
Size:  344.9 KB

Does anybody know the part number for the crown, the dimensions of the crown (I can get near to most with callipers, except the tube dimension), or where I can get one to fit?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Crown for SNK809 (7s26-02j0)

Julesborel.com has a parts database. Here is a link to parts for your watch MATERIAL CGI UTILITY Says it is in stock.

$6 part. Be careful, many modern Seiko have a stem/crown made as one piece unit. It is not supposed to be separated. It's been awhile since I had one of these apart and I don't remember if it is a one piece unit. If it is one piece, you will have to find a generic crown to fit the case and is the right thread for your stem. The part number suggests it is 4mm. That seems about right. You will have to cut and fit the stem that came with the NH36.
    88Keys likes this.

Re: Crown for SNK809 (7s26-02j0)

Thanks for that. Much appreciated. I have ordered the crown. The crown and stem on the SKX are one part, but with the SNK, they are two pieces. Unfortunately, I was too heavy-handed in trying to separate the two. I have two stems for the NH36, so I should be good to go.

Thread Information