DG2813 remove modified date disk

Thread: DG2813 remove modified date disk

DG2813 remove modified date disk

I have a DG2813 with a modified date position. I am trying to remove it. Anyone got a clue on how to do this? There is a "retaining E washer" which I already removed at the center. I expected the date wheel to come loose with this, but it doesn't (I tried to apply some force on it).

If you google "DG2813 modified date" then you will find a movement which has holes in the modified date disk. But mine does not have that. See photo.

Name:  post.jpeg
Views: 36
Size:  37.8 KB

Edit: The movement might be a Beijing SB11 movement, as there is a "B" under the balance. A very similar movement to the DG2813.
    Last edited by Veda88; 1 Week Ago at 09:47.

Re: DG2813 remove modified date disk

It'll be glued to the normal ring because they don't expect it to be removed. All you can do is get a fine blade down the edge between the two and hope it comes off without damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horner View Post
    It'll be glued to the normal ring because they don't expect it to be removed. All you can do is get a fine blade down the edge between the two and hope it comes off without damage.
    Really? Damn... It's thin as paper. It will definitely rip if I do that. Maybe I will just put it under the scanner, print a new one on paper and glue that back on...

Edit: Or maybe for $12 get a date wheel overlay... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Date-Di...cAAOSw8yxcbVqx
    Kinda expensive if you ask me for a piece of foil with printing.

Edit2: Or maybe a standard movement will more or less fit?
    Last edited by Veda88; 1 Week Ago at 10:33.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So I went on trying to remove it. The good news: It's not glued! The bad news, I scratched it trying to remove it.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-07-10 at 13.30.28.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  183.0 KB

For others having the same problem: It's a thin metal disk like a date wheel overlay. The original date wheel has small indents and on one of the indents it's clipped on. What you do, is you find an indent where it's not clipped on, preferebly on the other sede. There you should be able to put a knife in the indent and push up. It will clip loose. If you try to pry fom the side like I did with a knife thinking it's glued you have high risk of scratches.

For those struggling with removing the E clip in the middle, take a small screw driver, put it in the middle and push it away. I put the whole movement with holder in a bag while doing this. The clip is after this somewhere in the bag (I lost the clip the first time not being carefull enough).

Four putting the clip back on, just put it over the pinion and push down on it with tweezers. It will click in place with very little force.
    Last edited by Veda88; 6 Days Ago at 16:39.

Suggestion: rodico will prevent c-clips from flying...or at least make them more visible and travel a smaller arc.
    Regards, BG

I stand corrected - looks like they've (marginally) improved the design since the last one I saw!

Thread Information