Help reassembling bezel and springs

Thread: Help reassembling bezel and springs

Help reassembling bezel and springs

Hi, I bought this Invicta 8926OB purely for the purpose of modding with the hackable Seiko-licensed movement inside it. As I wait for the dial and hands to arrive, I've taken apart the case and bezel to prepare for a new insert. My question now is how to reassemble the bezel parts so that they will work as before. The parts I have are in the pic below.

Is it that I:
    a) insert the octagon-like ring in the area underneath the future insert and snap it back into place
    b) then take the somewhat hard-to-bend wire at the bottom right and put one end in the hole on the case and bend it around the crystal edge
    c) and finally place the bezel with the inserted ring over the wire and push down?

Name:  invictabezel.jpg
Views: 2375
Size:  222.0 KB
    Hopefully I have all the parts here and no microscopic spring has been lost. Would love a turning, clicking bezel at some point.

Any help and advice is appreciated. Thanks ahead.

UPDATE: I was finally able to reassemble the bezel, but the order I mentioned above is off. See my post below to see my methods.
    Last edited by spacetimefabric; August 16th, 2012 at 07:25.
    Collection
    Seiko Mods - Vintage Omegas - Chinese/Indian/Russian Watches.

Suspended
    That all sounds right just be carful the most important thing is to not get frustrated and use a hammer or excessive force.

Re: Help reassembling bezel and springs

Hi there,
    Quote Originally Posted by spacetimefabric View Post
    a) insert the octagon-like ring in the area underneath the future insert and snap it back into place
    b) then take the somewhat hard-to-bend wire at the bottom right and put one end in the hole on the case and bend it around the crystal edge
    c) and finally place the bezel with the inserted ring over the wire and push down?
    Just one addition: Turn the bezel counterclockwise while pressing it down.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the advice. I finally was able to reassemble it, but the order and methodology I had mentioned is off. Here's how I actually did it:

1) First, take the somewhat hard-to-bend wire and put the L-shaped end in the small hole on the case. While holding it down with a finger, bend it around the raised metal area at the crystal edge carefully. This is pretty tricky. One slight movement and the wire will spring out. Just try again. Once you're able to keep it steady, about halfway, take the bezel and put it over the wire and keep bending the wire towards the crystal edge. At some point you will have to use tweezers to keep the wire from springing out as you close the gap further and further. Once you have completely put the bezel over the wire, still apply pressure downwards. You will now test it by turning the bezel. If it freely rotates, it means the wire is not completely in place inside and you will have to try again. If it, however, clicks with each turn, and can only turn in only one direction, then you are ready to proceed. But don't take the pressure off bezel yet.

2) Now you with your free hand, you will take the octagonal ring and start to squeeze it into the gap between the bezel and the crystal. This is what will hold the bezel to the watch. In the picture below, you can see the ring inserted. This is what you want to end up with. You get there by starting with one side of the ring's shape and using a toothpick or tweezers to push the ring into that gap. You might have to turn the bezel a little to make room. Keep going until everything is inside and in place. Release pressure from the bezel.

3) Now test your work by turning the bezel. It should not be falling out of the watch. It should be clicking uni-directionally.

Name:  invictabezel2.jpg
Views: 1613
Size:  205.5 KB

Hope this will be helpful for whoever else will be doing bezel mods with the Invicta 8926 OB. Good luck.
    Collection

Curious how you got the bezel off. I have a parnis dive watch with a similar bezel but just cant figure out how to take it off.

Taking the whole bezel and not just the insert was a challenge. If you don't care about keeping the existing insert intact, it might be better to just pry it off with a thin knife--just be sure to not scratch the crystal, partly by protecting it with some tape.

If you do, however, still want to remove the entire bezel, first, take off your strap or band. After that, the area between the lugs is where you want to apply some tape to protect the surface. Then pull up the bezel a little bit, and use either a case knife or a thin but strong pocket knife to wedge into that small gap. Be very careful, and twist the knife so that it pushes the bezel off. This is tricky and will likely require several tries. Don't use the lugs for leverage (you may scratch them, worse break them off). Also, I'm not sure what the clicking mechanism is for your watch, but keep the watch steady during and after the prying, so that you don't lose the either the spring or click ball that could be in there.

Here's a link I found that might better illustrate something similar to this via photos. There are also videos you can see online, if you search.
    Remove and replace the bezel on your Rolex Submariner.

Have patience. And don't use too much force. Good luck.
    Last edited by spacetimefabric; August 20th, 2012 at 23:20.
    Collection

Quote Originally Posted by spacetimefabric View Post
    Taking the whole bezel and not just the insert was a challenge. (snip)
    Have patience. And don't use too much force. Good luck.
    I have gotten a blade into the gap a little bit but cant seem to get it to pop off.

Thank you! You provided exactly the instructions I was looking for. I have been struggling with my new Phoibos WaveMaster bezel which arrived with 1.5 minutes of backplay. So far I have only been able to get the bezel off without incident but unfortunately I cracked the ceramic bezel insert in the process but the break line is clean enough where it is unnoticeable.

Thread Information