How do I remove Asian 6497 from Case? (where to press stem release and what position)

Thread: How do I remove Asian 6497 from Case? (where to press stem release and what position)

How do I remove Asian 6497 from Case? (where to press stem release and what position)

I just need to know if the stem release is a screw, or button and also, do I release the stem from the winding position, or the time-setting 2nd position.

I am looking to swap out the hands but have never removed this type of movement before.

Thanks!

Re: How do I remove Asian 6497 from Case? (where to press stem release and what position)

It could be either, I haven't seen an Asian version before. Pic?
    We always remove the stem in winding position.

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Re: How do I remove Asian 6497 from Case? (where to press stem release and what position)

I assume it's in the same position as the Swiss ones, the small screw next to the stem.
    familiaritas parit contemptum; raritate admiratione wins.- Lucius Apuleius
    est necessry, accurate ad secundo? - Lysander magna
    iustum est horologium - Obscurus Genius

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi all gurus out there,

I have not seen the reply on this, it is also my concern before working on my next 6497 project.

I understand that to release the stem from 6497 movement, I need to lossen the small screw on the movement closest to the stem (but must be careful not to loosen too much or we'll get a keyless work (not sure exactly what it means but seem troublesome of loosen too much) so max. 2 turns of anti-clockwise will do).

Now another key question: Before lossening this screw, the position of the stem should be at the winding position, or the time-setting 2nd position?

The progress for my project depends on the answer for this question before moving forward.

Miilion thanks on advance..

Banned

1/4 turn at a time, u shld be able to release the stem by 1.5 turn.

The real Rusty says you do the following.
    Have the stem in whatever position I prefer winding. Hold the stem as you are unscrewing the detent screw. While turning the screw you should put pressure on it. At the same time you should be pulling on the stem but not enough to engage the setting. Sometimes the stem will release after you have turned the detent screw one turn, sometimes more sometimes less.

RUSTY MAINSPRING

Quote Originally Posted by Rustee View Post
    Hi all gurus out there, I have not seen the reply on this, it is also my concern before working on my next 6497 project. I understand that to release the stem from 6497 movement, I need to lossen the small screw on the movement closest to the stem (but must be careful not to loosen too much or we'll get a keyless work (not sure exactly what it means but seem troublesome of loosen too much) so max. 2 turns of anti-clockwise will do). Now another key question: Before lossening this screw, the position of the stem should be at the winding position, or the time-setting 2nd position? The progress for my project depends on the answer for this question before moving forward. Miilion thanks on advance..
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyMainspring View Post
    The real Rusty says you do the following. Have the stem in whatever position I prefer winding. Hold the stem as you are unscrewing the detent screw. While turning the screw you should put pressure on it. At the same time you should be pulling on the stem but not enough to engage the setting. Sometimes the stem will release after you have turned the detent screw one turn, sometimes more sometimes less. RUSTY MAINSPRING
    Oh nooooooooooooooooo! Antimatter Universe Ultra Rustee and Clark Kent (RustyMainspring) in the same forum at the same time!

p
    Courtesy of ULF.

Thanks guys..

Espcially to the real Rusty...

pithy.... (you've made me looks like Bizaroo...)

Thread Information