Landeron 149 Stem removal
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Landeron 149 Stem removal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Iíve got a Baylor Chronograph with a Landeron 149 movement. The chronograph seconds hand appears to be loose on its pivot - it resets to a different spot on each reset. Iíd like to take the movement out and tighten it up, but Iím not familiar with removing the stem on this movement. Anyone have a tip on this?

Here is a photo of the movement. Does the screw that Iíve indicated with the red arrow release the stem?

Another question on removing this movement. I donít see typical clamps holding the movement in the case. I do see to screws (circled in blue in the following photo). This looks like the type of screws that hold pocket watch movements in that load the movement in from dial side of the case. Any thoughts on this also?

Thanks all

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Landeron 149 Stem removal

Yes and yes about the retaining screws also this movement need to be removed from the front of the case by removing the bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by DonLuis View Post
    Yes and yes about the retaining screws also this movement need to be removed from the front of the case by removing the bezel.
    Thanks. Are you also saying yes to the screw I pointed out for removing the stem?

I was afraid it would be a front loader. There isnít a bezel to remove, just a crystal (itís a Heuer Camaro style case). Would I need to use a crystal lift?

Here is what the dial side looks like

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Tom,

indeed, if the dial is bigger than the aperture on the back side, it is no good idea to force it through this aperture. As your case has no removable bezel, you'll need to remove the crystal alone.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Before you go trying to remove from the front verify that the back seal isn't holding the movement ring in the case. I have seen this type before and the ring is held in with the mvt screws but the ring does come out the back.
    2011 Precista PRS-14
    1977 Timex Milspec Custom ETA 2824 Conversion
    1969 Benrus US Military Issued
    1966 Timex 600 Skindiver
    1961 Belforte Sheppard AFB
    1961 Omega Seamaster

"Time spent waiting between the seconds is only conspiring to make me older" DV 2018
    "I don't always agree with everybody but when I do it's because I'm Right"
    DV 2011
    Dirtvictim The Watch Mechanic.

I think it goes out from front side. Remove the stem, unscrew those two screws, use crystal lift and it should go out. I don't see movement ring, since there is no room for it, look at the gasket...

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

I would try what dirtvictim suggested. Peel out that gasket and see if it was sitting on a ridge on the outside of the movít ring. I have orient king divers from the 60s where the setup is the same. Once the gasket is peeled out you can see the movít drops out the back.

Michael
    not actually mean, thatís just my face

Quote Originally Posted by Meanoldmanning View Post
    I would try what dirtvictim suggested. Peel out that gasket and see if it was sitting on a ridge on the outside of the movít ring. I have orient king divers from the 60s where the setup is the same. Once the gasket is peeled out you can see the movít drops out the back.

That is true, agree

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
    Meanoldmanning likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtvictim View Post
    Before you go trying to remove from the front verify that the back seal isn't holding the movement ring in the case. I have seen this type before and the ring is held in with the mvt screws but the ring does come out the back.
    dirtvictim is correct. The movement comes out the back once the gasket, movement screws and movement ring was removed.

I tried to press the chrono hand on its pivot tighter but it didnít seem to have any effect, and I didnít want to use excess force.

Does it make sense that the chrono hand could be loose enough on the pivot that it will change position easily with light side pressure from a peg wood, but will not pull off the pivot using light pressure with a hand remover?

Is there any possibility the slipping is not occurring between the chrono hand and the pivot? Could the pivot be slipping in the chronograph runner (if thatís the right terminology)?

I also noticed the hour/minute hands are not set properly (not aligned at midnight), so it seems all three need to be adjusted. Iíd pull them off and reset them normally but Iím wary about the chrono hand. Iíve never pulled one off before

dirtvictim likes this.

Yes I was wrong. It has a movement spacer ring. The movement is Sam witched time the dial this way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information