Ok, so I can't post links... I will give the title of the relevant articles to search on google.
Thank you very much for this wonderful programm, contrate_wheel, this is how I got it working on OSX:
- Install xcode command line tools (this is the compiler, you can find the instructions ont this article : How to Install Command Line Tools in OS X Mavericks & Yosemite (Without Xcode) (OSX daily)
- Install Homebrew (this is the modern equivalent of fink) : brew(dot)sh
- Type in your terminal : brew install gtk+ portaudio fftw
- Time to compile tg, and here things get a little complicated :
- You can download the version I compiled using the following link (dropbox(dot)com/s/bqefi53fyxhl6bz/tg-master.zip?dl=0). You can use it by clicking on the tg executable. Your mac will probably complain that the executable come from an unknown source (the solution is here : OS X Mavericks: Open an app from an unidentified developer (apple)).
- Alternatively, you can download the latest source version and compile it. But this will result in an error and contrat_wheel help is needed : the OSX compiler treat any flag he doesn't know as error and abord the make process. Turn out he doesn't know the flag "-fcx-limited-range" and I was only able to compile the programm after removing this flag for the makefile. I don't know what this flag mean, but the programm seems to run fine without it. Can you remove it, or deactivate it somehow when compiling on OSX ?
For a primer on how to use the Terminal : Introduction to the Mac OS X Command Line (teamthreehouse)