Hi my friends!
Just a little message to announce the new version of tg, namely Tg 0.5.0.
New features include:
- Ability to take and save snapshots
- The distinction between light and regular version has been eliminated (it is now a setting)
- Minor improvements to the user interface
Snapshots are just what you think they are. The new version of tg can load and save files, which are basically archives of snapshots.
Windows, debian, and source code distributions are as usual available at:
I have been in contact with dmnc, who has already tested the new version on Mac OS X. He will surely produce a homebrew install script for it shortly. (Thanks a lot dmnc for your continued support of Tg on OS X.)
On the technical side (for those interested):
- Version 3 of GTK+ has replaced version 2 as the widget library for Tg
- Thanks to an excellent contribution of Stefan Talpalaru, the build system is now based on GNU autotools.
Comments, suggestions, bug reports are as always very welcome!
PS: alvh, Klaus, landk, 1afc: completely agree, thanks for answering djolemag's question!
On my second thought, I see you are absolutely right... That was my first idea to get some more precise reference than unknown precision quartz clock. However, when I think further, quartz clock is stable reference because it is ticking in equal intervals between ticks, even if it is not accurate in 24h period, TG will detect "offset" or error of that quartz watch, right?
So, we apply that calibration offset and it should be ok?
Please correct me if I'm wrong....
BTW, excellent job with newest version 0.5 TG, thanks! Snapshots are really needed.
if you already have it orCode:brew upgrade tgif you're just getting started.Code:brew install dmnc/horology/tg
I've been battling in vain with trying to create a pre-built mac app to ease installation but with little luck so far. If anybody has any experience bundling gtk+3 apps for the mac please do drop me a PM.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stowa Flieger Klassik 40 Ikarus | NTH Amphion Vintage | Seikos old and new | A heap of Vostok Amphibians | A handful of Raketas | A pile of Timexes
Thanks for 0.50 contrate_wheel.
Just keeps getting better.
I'm sure people already asked for, I've read the whole thread, but I would like to concisely highlight few features/upgrades that should be added.
1. Start/stop/pause/restart features : very convenient when you change the position of watch, so false/error readings (during change of position) are not written
2. Someone already mentioned lift angle in decimals... I know it will not cause too much errors, but maybe to reconsider adding it
3. Screenshots are really nice feature. One or two textboxes on mainscreen for comment would be great, so you can add what watch you measured in what position. Also, have you though of putting timestamp on screenshot, very convenient feature?
4. Printing ... AS I understood, it is in TODO list... My opinion is that it should have only measured values and paper graph - dots. Finally, it is enough to print it into PDF, then everyone can print it to physical printer if needed... Very common way for many diagnostic equipment.
Thank you once again for this great software !
Also, I've seen a lot of people are using piezo microphone with amplifier.. So it is not a general problem, but I couldn't figure out about audio input: should be stereo or mono? If stereo, I have to wire it in parallel to get same signal on L and R channel?
I'm strongly for piezo pickup because reduction of environmental noise...
The author, contrate_wheel, explained the background in this post, especially the technical details near the middle of the post might be interesting for you.
Sorry I can't edit the previous post - can't include the link for some reason. It's post29970370 in this thread!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)